Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Screech Hollow
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: sunbum12 () on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM EST  
Anonymous: sunbum12

wave Good morning, friends!

Well, it's Friday!Very Happy Bulletin day - I will be working on that after I post - then out to dinner with friends at Chili's!:p

Velma, so good to see you! Sounds like you had a busy, wonderful day yesterday!!!Grin Sorry you will have to make your own seasonal avatars now. But, Rusty makes a good one!:thumrht:

Donna, sounds like you will have a busy couple of days. Enjoy the littles today, then the conference, then dinner and the game!Cheers

Cecilia, I'm sure you will have fun in Atlanta in April! It will be crowded, but pretty in the Spring.Grin

Guess everyone else will get here sometime today. Missing Bev, but know she is busy. There was a Egg Hatch at Phoebe's this morning!Very Happy

Off to get the bulletin done! Enjoy your day, everyone! And Jean/Don and Bev/Agnes, enjoy your lunch/dinner out!:p

hug

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Good Morning Friends!
Just a quick plop in today. We are meeting Bob and Jan for lunch at Mi Ranchos and then coming here for an afternoon of cards or Mexican dominos. Guests choice! I have been busy with the Ozark nest and cleaning house. Now I am ready to head upstairs to shower and dress. Just have 2 hours before our lunch date!

I too love all the pictures posted. It just proves that we don't need to get things on the internet to provide a good picture show. All our surrounding are new to others and it's a good way of traveling around the country and Canada.... even other countries to see it all!
Our nests are getting busy now so we also have a lot of action to cover with S'capes. We all don't have time to visit each thread or nest so it's nice to share it with everyone here! Just make sure you know the copyrights of all the cams before posting them! I've already spoken to Thumper at the Ozarks and as long as we capture with his name on it, he's happy. You don't have to include the topping showing "Lake of the Ozarks Cam".

I'm off to the shower now..... Have a great day!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: jwnix

I LOVE those flowers and never thought of trying to grow them. are they needy for lots of care??
gorgeous picture, Bev!! thanks.

Quote by: IrishEyes

WED. FEB.8, 2012

Good Morning friends..

Stargazer Lily from my garden.

Hugs Bev,

THank you jwnix... The star gazer lilies actually do not require any care .. just some watering as needed.. good luck if you decide to plant some...

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Good Afternoon Friends...

Love all the flowers posted here.. thank you all so much... I am so happy to hear about Madi's. friend.. Barb. i don't have any luck with African violets.. my sisters all did but not me.. yours are beautiful.. so happy about Phoebe huh.. only 16 days since the egg was laid.. surprised predawn hatch..Mom feeding the new baby..

Click on image to download

Diane.. Love the feeders.. and squirrel proof .. awesome.. thank you for posting them....

Beautiful pictures of downtown Savannah Barb Great that Levi was home to help you...

Enjoy the littles Donna and have a nice weekend.

Jean.. Thank you.. GIve my best to Don.. will keep praying ...huglove the caps of E and E..

Cherie.. Thank you for the pictures..i will show them to the boys.. there is a GopherTortoise here at the Museum of Natural History.. named Gus.. he is 86yrs old.. Here is the link to Gus if you or anyone else is interested.

HERE

Velma.. Nice to see you posting..

Hi Cecilia..There will soon be eggs at the WR Nest.. March i think...

Sorry if i missed someone.. see you all soon.. enjoy your weekend..

Hugs Bev..

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Good Evening Friends!:hello:

Thank you Bev. Just keep those prayers coming for Don to have a speedy recovery! He seems to be doing alright but tires easy. Could be the meds he is on. He'll be done with them Sunday so we'll see how it goes after that. Congratulations on a hatch at Phoebe's nest! Wow! Seems like she just laid them. Is this her 2nd or 3rd clutch of the season?? Love the picture you posted of Phoebe feeding her little one!!!!

Barbara hope you got the bulletin done and can sit back and relax! Our lunch/dinner date with Bob and Jan was at Mi Rancho...... MEXICAN! Whistling Glad you got your decorations packed away till next Christmas!

Donna enjoy your weekend with the little ones. Glad you shower is usuable now!

Velma it is so good to have you back at the Hollow!! When you can get the girls together for a minute or two, you need to snap a picture so we can see how much they have grown! Time sure flies.... Pitina celebrated her 9th Birthday yesterday! She was 4 years old when she suffered the severe head trauma and the doctors said she wouldn't even live the day through. She sure proved them wrong!!! She is a little sweetheart!!And you should see her stand up to the boys!! Rolling on floor laughing

Tomorrow morning I will be attending an annual game day at our church. It's always held around Valentines day and it costs $10 a person. All proceeds go to charity. The ladies putting it on provide a light lunch and desserts, plus there are lots of door prizes. People get friends together and request tables for Canasta, Bridge, Mahjongg, board games, etc. It lasts about 4 hours and always a fun time for all. I will be playing Mahjongg with 3 of my friends!

Diane hope you have a great weekend with Dennis. Is he still working all the overtime?

Pitina is standing at the french doors to my den and scratching with her paw. I guess she thinks it's Mommy Time already.

Have a good evening Friends! Tweet Dreams!

~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Bev.... Love the story of Gus!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Friday, February 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM EST  
Grubby

Good Evening...

Well we are finally getting some snow. Maybe just 1-3 inches but it will get COLD! I can't complain, we have had a great winter so far.Titter

Bev... Awww that is a great story about Gus. Very interesting. I hope the snow coming your way won't mess up the weekend for you. Thank you for the scape of Pheobe... Hummers still amaze me! And another egg at WVA! :thumrht: Hope you are well.

Jean...
yes, Dennis is till working 12 hrs 6 days. He is a hard worker and takes every minue of over time he can get. We both were that way at the job we had when we worked together. How nice that Pitina showed the vets wrong! Bless her little heart! Red Heart I too have been thinking and praying for Don's quick recovery. That was one heck of a photo of Stein and that fish!!!

Barbara... I know you are happy to get things back to normal in the house and get the holiday stuff put away.

Donna... drop by when you catch your breath for the running you will be doing this weekend. Thanks for the scapes of the nests too.

Velma... yes time does fly on some days. just stop by when you can, as all of us do. I know I don't post as much as I used to. Rusty is so pretty... but the Poinsettia sure was a pretty one. Yes I was the one who mentioned the Violet pots. they really do work.

Cecilia... hang in there girl... White Rock will get some action soon. It is a nice nest to watch with the water in the background. Oh the squirrels still get food from me... and my neighbors! But it is fun to watch the little birds go inside the feeder.

Cherie... your photos are great! But it is sad about the amount of the habitat is gone. it looks like your feeder holes are larger. It seems like the ones that are just on the top and bottom row of your feeder mght be the same size as all of mine are. The squirrels still get plenty of food.Grin

OK... I will get this off to you ladies...

Good night sleepy

"Leave yesterday behind...Let HOPE guide you to a sunny tomorrow"
Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: PeaceInNature (offline) on Saturday, February 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM EST  
PeaceInNature

Go Phoebe :cheerguy: So glad to see the little fellow (or girl).

Just curious...on this new site...I am seeing the quote marks with a name...and large quote marks in the upper right hand corner of the post. Are they supposed to mean something? Are we supposed to open them...nothing happens when I click on them.

We are getting a beautiful little snow here as well. Our little rescue girl Erin just loves it too and runs like crazy then comes into the house all smiles and running around...love seeing her so happyTitter

Off to bed..hope to get to do some real bird watching tomorrow as I should be home on the computer the majority of the day.
sleepy

Cecilia
Indiana

A Divine Voice sings through all creation[/i]

Forum

Indiana

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:49 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate