Screech Hollow
 |  Printable Version
By: Grubby (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM EST  
Grubby

Have A Great Day Everyone!

JACKSON

Click on image to download

Photo by...Diane
I'm just going through my personal photos and posting what catches my eye. I'm sure I have posted this before.

"Leave yesterday behind...Let HOPE guide you to a sunny tomorrow"
Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Good Morning Friends!:hello: Happy Belated Valentines Day to you all!!!

I'm sorry I didn't make it to the Hollow yesterday but my close Friend Sue, that I often mention, lost her husband yesterday. We had played Hand and Foot on Monday and Sue sat next to me. We all left Carrolanne's house between 2:30-3:00pm. Not sure if Sue had gone straight home, but around 3:30pm her husband crashed his Ford Truck just houses away from their home. He went off the road and struck a tree. He was transported to MCG in Augusta, Ga. We all wondered why he wasn't taken to Aiken Regional, but as details came out, he had suffered massage head injuries that that's where those are transported to. He was on life support and their children from Ohio and Pennsylvania were summoned. He later died last evening at 7:30pm. Please pray for Sue and her family. The next few days are going to be extremely difficult, but all of us friends will be by Sue's side to help her through this terrible tragedy!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM EST  
golden1

Jean That is tragic news. I know you and Don will be great support to your friend and that her children will be on hand to help. Sometimes life just does not see FAIR! Take care and I will check in on E and E more and post if there are no notes. I look in on them every day as it is. hug

Diane I love seeing your pups.

Sara sounds like a lot of work. Hope you woke up on time.

Carolyn I am sorry about your friend's mom but happy you are ok after the accident.

We have a cloudy day and I plan to rest today.

The squirriels are running all over the trees along the ditch. I love to watch them. There was a little finch at the feeder. Having the trees down next door has meant fewer birds. However just the last few days they seem to be around more again.

BR will be completed today if the man doing the job is well today. He has been sick with a flu. Then the entry floor and we are done. A little long but turning out really well.

No egg at FSV yet but mom continues to stay around the nest.

bbl

scatter kindness and splash joy
donna ~ applewooddy ~Colorado...........6/22/09

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Thank you to all who have emailed me about Sue's husband Doug passing away. Barb down the street and I went over this afternoon to bring food for Sue and her family. Unforuntately she wasn't home and we later found out she had gone to where Dougs truck was towed to remove all his personal posessions from it.Fortunately we were able to leave the food with the neighbor next door who is tending to the family dog and cat. The family has asked for time to come to terms with this tragedy. Reasons for the accident have been conflicting from the newspapers and news stations. We did learn from another friend who has been with Sue since it happened that they did determine it was due to Doug suffering an aneurysm. We saw where Doug crashed into the tree as well as all the skid marks down the hill and veering up the curb and into the yard.
We are all still in shock and will wait till Sue is ready for all of us to support her through this difficult time!

~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM EST  
anna-holland

Good afternoon all,

A video of today at the Decorah nest. click on me.

I wish everybody strength these days, who needed. hug

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM EST  
golden1

I think mom laid first egg at FSV at 6:06. The cam still in NOT live so was hard to tell for sure. I have not had a peek at the egg. Mom is tucked in right now sleeping. Could be a false alarm but it is the right timing.

bbl

scatter kindness and splash joy
donna ~ applewooddy ~Colorado...........6/22/09

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: sunbum12 () on Thursday, February 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM EST  
Anonymous: sunbum12

wave friends!

It's been a long couple of days! I will try to catch up with y'all tomorrow sometime. But, especially wanted to tell you, Jean, how very sorry I was to read the news about Sue's husband, Doug! How heartbreaking!sad She will be in my prayers, and I know y'all will do your best to support and care for her!

Have a Good night everyone!

hug

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Thursday, February 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Thursday, February, 16, 2012

Good Morning Friends!:hello:
Have a few minutes so I wanted to stop in and say hello. It's a dreary, raining morning here. A little warmer than the last few days, but no sun in the forecast! Sad

Thanks Barbara!.... I'm sure you remember who Sue is... you went with me to her house to play Mahjongg on one of your visits. We also met Sue at the Aikens Makin last Sept! Unfortunately Sue has closed everyone out of her life right now. I guess she needs to come to terms with Doug's death first before she can even be around friends. We are all mourning too and want to be by her side, but until she is ready, there's nothing we can do! We did learn that there will not be a celebration of life or funeral. Everything will be private for just Sue and their family. All we can do is honor her wishes and be there when she is ready!

Hope you do have an egg at FSV Donna. I just wish there was some way Thumper could get the cam about 6 feet higher so we could see just how many eggs Elsie laid. Usually we can guess by her actions and how long it takes for her to start full time incubating. Unfortunately WildEarth was having problems and we weren't getting streaming for a day or two during the crutial time! RantBash computer

Bev, Glad that Belle didn't lay anymore than 2 eggs this season. Since Smitty is young too many chicks might have been difficult for him to keep supplied with food. He sure is learning how to be a good mate and dad quickly!!

Diane are you snow free now?? How is your hip these days?? Are you able to sit and knit now???

HI to the rest of the Screechers. My busy day starts with running errands with Don, then going for my monthly blood work, then doing a little grocery shopping, picking up meds, and then going to aqua zumba after dinner!Faint

~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:46 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate