Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2012 ~ 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 10:30 PM EST (Read 641159 times)  
yalitldevl

The 12 Steps of Eagle-holics

1: We admitted we were powerless over eagles--that our lives had become unmanageable.
2: Came to believe that an eagle greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3: Made a decision to turn our eyes over to the cam and board as we understood it.
4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our fellow posters.
5: Admitted to the eagles, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our postings.
6: Were entirely ready to have the eagles remove all these defects of character.
7: Humbly asked the eagles to remove our shortcomings.
8: Made a list of all eagles we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all via habitat conservation.
9: Made direct amends to such eagles wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or other eagles.
10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly helped an eagle.
11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the eagles praying only for knowledge of their will for us, and the power to carry that out.
12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to eagle-holics everywhere, and to practice these principles in all our postings.

This thread is for all eagle lovers to discuss our eagles or anything we want and to stay in touch.

Coffee is ready so come on in...grab a mug and relax Mug of coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COPYRIGHT ISSUES

Do not post just any photos found on the web, if you didn't take it, its safer not to post it! If you have permission to use something then attach the written permission to the photo or post a link to it! Check your first few posts here and if pics don't belong to you remove them please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Admin Update - Click here for Eagleholics Anonymous 2011

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 03:01 AM EST  
mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Saturday ~ February 04, 2012

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 10:07 AM EST  
txelements

:hello: All.........Shh let's not wake Scott. Smile

IWC Feb 3 1012 - A Pack in the Neighborhood

(((Lori, Jean, Nanc & Sue)))......wishes for a good day. hug

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 10:20 AM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Good Morning Friends!:hello:
I've sort of been missing in action the last couple of days. Just really busy running errands, keeping up my housework and sewing. I was doing some machine embroidery and it just wasn't going right for me. The first attempt wasn't lined up right even though I had marked the center. The second attempt was almost done and then the threads jammed up and popped the fabric and batting out of the embroidery hoop. I tried to get it placed back into the hoop and just finish the last 3-4 minutes of embroidery left, but it just didn't work. Sooooo I started with my 3rd attempt last night and that went along beautiful! Whew. The pattern takes about 3 hours to do with 29 color changes. Wooh

Dede you sure got some snow there! I saw in the news this morning that was the worst winter storm to hit the Denver area in 100 years! Is that you in the picture??

Judy lovely pictures of your new home. The pups look like they are settled in! Oh My...Why do you have that nice fireplace covered over by the TV?? That would have been a good heating source when your furnace was down! We have a fireplace here and love to have fires in it when the night get down low! Unfortunately we haven't had a fire in it all winter. Of course I'm not complaining about the mild winter we are having. I love the hot temps and hate cold winters!

Lori sorry to hear you are still in so much pain.

Mudd and Linda love your eagle pictures. Glad things are getting resolved with your BOTD Linda. Great updates on the Bears Scott!

Elle sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope Pat Bay did the trick!

Nancy hope you foot is healing and no more pain!!

Jean.... now what are you trying to do?? Are you in competition with Nancy?? Look out.... with my history of falling, I have stories that can beat both of yours....
Tell me who can walk in a restaurant parking lot with their husband and he stops to embrace you with a kiss. You turn around to continue walking and go crashing to the ground face first. End results.... torn biscep and lots of bruises and aches and pains! Wooh

That's all I have time for now. Have to hop into the shower and get dressed. I have to get some ironing done, a little sewing and then be ready for the Broadcast this afternoon. Was there a theme of looney tunes today. I saw something back in the postings. I don't have a good track record for requesting songs. Oh the shame

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 10:38 AM EST  
garyandjudi

Good Morning
Click on image to download

I love eagles Pa up and Lady Lafarge down on the AN

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 10:52 AM EST  
yalitldevl

Mornin' {{{{{{{{Besties}}}}}}}}}} :hello: well my stab hole won't be anything compared to how sore poor sweet {{{{Jean's}}}} fingers are going to be. Or {{{{Nanc's}}}}} terribly squished, bruised ankle that will take months to be able to walk on so I aint gonna complain today hehe

While we are working on Bird Talk 101 I'll be missing in the red department too. That's going to be a lot of work but with 4 of us hopefully it doesn't take us too long. It's important to all of us that it survive

see ya'll later for the Loony Tunes Show. Rose is hoping she'll be back in time for it but they packed up Rach and are headed to an eagle Festival bright and early this morning

Group Mantles to all my Nesties Wub hug

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 11:15 AM EST  
anna-holland

Good afternoon all,

ShhI wisper TX Nodding yes

I just got home from 4 hour walk. It is great weather. Blue sky, Sunny, -7C or 19.4 F and no wind. The snow is still here, last week it was freezing and it stay next week too.
I got some pict. but thats for later, oyeah, saw a new bird , The common Snipe. It is on the Red list here(endangered species) , so I was lucky.

I go look first at Scott his thread, then dinner sooooo

bbl :hello:

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 12:05 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Hello Friends, I thought I would take a moment off from Bird Talk 101 and fly into the nest to see what you all have been up to.

I Love, the photos of Rachel shoe shopping!!!!! She is so adorable.Wub Thanks Lori for sharing that story and pic with us.Smile

Scott, What a beautiful outing you had yesterday my friend in Eagle Heaven. Clapping

Wow, Dede that is some snow my friend, but I see you had some fun in it, great photos! :thumrht:

Anna, Your 4 hour outing sounds wonderful, I look forward to seeing your photos.Smile

I have read all the posts and it sounds like everyone is well and surviving. I'm spending a lot of my free time over at the Bird Talk work area and of course I will keep up on the eagle/wildlife thread which is my number one passion. meanwhile I will be checking in here at the nest to branch for a momnet and see what is happening. Love you all! Wub

This is a photo I came across of mine while looking for photos for BT, what a mouth full!
Click on image to download

Lunch soon with the family and then to work. :hello:

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:54 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate