Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Other Vancouver area eagle nests.
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: iansmith () on Sunday, March 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM EDT (Read 8708 times)  
Anonymous: iansmith

Welcome

I'm plagiarizing JudyB's Thank You thread from the old site. I think it is still a useful tool for anyone who wants to report a new nest.

There are a lot of eagle nests in the greater Vancouver area, and I've heard from some people who want a place to post pictures of a nest they've seen - but don't visit enough to start a separate thread. This thread is for those pictures.

Three requests:

* Please check and make sure there isn't already a thread for the nest; I suspect the various nests may have more than one name, so if you're not sure if your pictures would best be added to another thread, please check with one of the Content Providers who post to the other thread.
* Please put the name or general location of the nest at the beginning of the post.
* Please don't put pictures of more than one nest in a single post; if we eventually decide to make a separate thread for one of the nests in this combined thread, that will make it easy for us to move the posts to the new thread.

This is an experiment of sorts - so if the topic seems too narrow, we can expand it to Southern BC or whatever makes sense once we see who is interested in posting here. If you have questions or suggestions, please let me know.

By: Anonymous: iansmith () on Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 03:30 PM EDT  

I was out at a Richmond BC nest a couple of days ago. I think it was Monday. The nest location is on the South West corner of Westminster Hwy and No. 8 Road. The nest is about 200 feet east of the intersection. This location is now in terrible condition. All of the trees near the nest have been chopped down. There are still tall stumps standing, but the main portion of the trees have been removed.

I couldn't see any activity at the nest at all. When I was leaving, I noticed what I believe is a new nest not far from the original. So hopefully the pair have just moved a little down the road. The new location is 200 - 300 feet north of Nelson Road and Westminster Hwy. It appears to be on the property of the Gurdwara Gursikh Temple. I didn't see any eagles at the second nest, but it is much higher up.

By: gemini (offline) on Friday, April 02 2010 @ 11:20 AM EDT  
gemini

Gosh Ian that sounds awful! I’ve been meaning to visit that nest but by the time I do the rounds on the other 3 nests (and now a 4th!) in Richmond, I seem to run out of time! I hope the eagles aren't scared off!

The 4th nest, a new one for me, is located in a residential area off No1 Rd and Steveston Hwy. It's in the back yard of a house close to my friend's son's house. My friend was house sitting there a couple of weeks ago and called me to say the eagles were busy all morning bringing sticks and “green stuff” to the nest. By the time I got there all action had ceased. Since then, I am told they have been seen in and out of the nest but as one doesn't appear to be there all the time, I don’t think there are any egg(s) yet! Here’ a pic of the nest!

Looks pretty sturdy and lots of "green stuff" in evidence. I will be checking up on this nest again. Click for bigger

Click on image to download

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 01:19 AM EDT  
Darlene

I wasn't sure where to post these pics because I don't know Vancouver well enough to know where the nest is but here are some beautiful pictures taken of the Wall Street nest taken by Martin Passchier!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: iansmith () on Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 10:19 AM EDT  

That would be the Lafarge nest. The same one featured with the webcam. Thanks for posting.
Sorry I should have included this link.
forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=40224&mode=&show=10&page=144

By: sctth4 (offline) on Sunday, June 13 2010 @ 10:36 PM EDT  
sctth4

hello everyone, i've posted on you tube a couple of my videos from the hastings st. nest. Check them out and tell me what you think, be kind they are my first couple of attempts. Hastings st. Eagles

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: iansmith () on Sunday, June 13 2010 @ 11:19 PM EDT  

Nice videos sctth4.

Here are the links to make it easier to find them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sTx0XZPRO8>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppptxxodp3I

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, July 06 2010 @ 03:05 AM EDT  
gemini

Quote by: terrytvgal

Today after FledgeFest, the idea of having a get together at one of the Parks near the Lafarge Nest came up!! David is quite keen on the idea and even thought that if we were lucky and got a nice crowd together we just might persuade the media to drop by. It would be wonderful to acknowledge Lafarge for their work with this nest and supplying the Cameras for us.

There isn't time to plan anything fancy beyond meeting at one of the parks and 'winging' it. (so to speak). If everyone brought themselves a bit of a snack we could have a picnic. We are thinking of Monday July 12 which should be pretty close to her fledge day.

So check your calendars and put an X on the 12th. Let's see if we can make something happen to honour this beautiful Tenas Chakchak we have had the joy of watching.

If you are at all interested Please let me know double-quick. Post your response and comments HERE!

Thank You Thank You and now....Good night

Hi Folks,

I said I would pass along this info to the "local ground observers" for Terry as she is wiped after the wonderful day at Fedgefest! Thanks for all your hard work Terry and Alan! (Mr Terrytvgal)!! Faint Thank You

If you are at all interested in a possible "Lafargefest", please respond ASAP by posting HERE!!

And as Terry said Good night!

cheers,
gemini

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 05:36 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate