Forum Index > H.W.F. Goes Wild in the Schools > Teacher's Forum
 Welcome Teachers
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, March 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM EST (Read 2113 times)  
jkr

Welcome All Teachers Welcome

We're very happy to have you join our website and forum.

Please say hello and let us know where you're from and what grade you teach.

You are more than welcome to use this thread to share your ideas and get to know one another.

If you'd like to start an area for your students in our School Classrooms please give us a shout by PM or email and we'll be happy to set one up for you.
We have a very enthusiastic group of volunteers at our forum who will answer any questions you and your students may have.

Make yourselves at home Nodding yes

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: delgadillog () on Thursday, May 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM EDT  
Anonymous: delgadillog

I just love the sight. I use it with my 6th grade students during their environmental science unit. We actually collect data using your site. THANKS. It is a great resource.

.... however, it is VERY hard to use this site with middle school students now that one of your sponsors in "Trojan Condoms!" I have had students go home and tell their parents and now I can't use the site... I am very sad!!!

I know that you need money to keep going... BUT if you want this site to be used by schools, this sponsor is doing more harm than good.

I hope that you will reconsider your sponsor options.
Also, did you get the donation check that my students collected on Earth Day?

Georgi Delgadillo
Continuous Curriculum School (CCS)
East Valley School District
Spokane Valley, WA

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, May 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thank you for contacting us, Georgi. I'll forward this to Richard Pitt and to Peter Braat of WildEarth to see what they can do to make sure that the ads that appear on our site are family-friendly. It is a bit of a challenge as we can block a particular ad, but apparently there's no way to completely limit categories of ads.

I also have some suggestions which I'll send by PM in a few minutes.

And welcome to the forum - and we are glad that you are finding our material useful for your class - and with a bit of luck we'll find a way to fix this!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Peter_WildEarth (offline) on Friday, May 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM EDT  
Peter_WildEarth

Hi Georgi,

Sorry for that ad slipping through. The ads that run on the stream are served and controlled by us (WildEarth Media), so this is our mistake. What happened is that we DO (try) block all inappropriate ads, those relating to sex and sexuality, dating, alcohol, etc, but that Google had reshuffled there categories and moved this ad to a new one that we had not blocked yet. Hence it's showing up on the stream.

I've blocked this new category as well now, AND the specific website that the ads come from, so it should not show up anymore.

If any ads show up in future that you feel are inappropriate, please let us know at complaint@wildearth.tv so we can follow up on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and I hope you'll be allowed to resume using the stream in your classes again!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jacx (offline) on Thursday, December 08 2011 @ 10:20 PM EST  
jacx

Very Happy

I want to thank you for letting me know there is a site for me to chat with other teachers and have my class be able to ask questions, etc...

I teach 3rd graders in Oostburg, WI (Close to Lake Michigan)

I live in Port Washington, a small city on Lake Michigan.

I am currently on sick leave after having spine surgery. I will be home until mid-January. I want to be ready to go with my students with this site when I get back. They are so excited - I used the Ma & Pa Hornby site for 3 years and my students were anxious after seeing Ma & Pa return and I could share all that I knew. I am looking forward to learn about this nest. Is there a history written or a past forum so I can read the history?

Thanks for letting me know this site existed.

Jacx

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, December 09 2011 @ 10:56 AM EST  
jkr

jacx, we are very happy to have your class join "HWF Goes Wild in the Schools.

As for the history on the nests --- first we need to know which nest you are watching.

There is a bit of archived information about the Teacher's Forum on our old HWF website. It is readable, but no longer active http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... 3c6fceae9d

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:56 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate