Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Delta O.W.L., BC Bald Eagle Nest
 Delta OWL Area Ground Observers
 |  Printable Version
By: stim (offline) on Sunday, September 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM EDT  
stim

I was able to stop under Bandit's old nest this past Thurs and took a couple of photos. Of course I got one almost identical to Judy's recent posting but here are 2 others. It doesn't look like the adults did anything with it this past season. You can see the cam in the second pic, up to the right.
Sandra
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: birdofprey (offline) on Sunday, September 12 2010 @ 11:26 PM EDT  
birdofprey

Thank you, stim. I sure hope this pair can find a good place to nest next season. Nodding yes

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: tuckerfan (offline) on Monday, September 13 2010 @ 02:21 AM EDT  
tuckerfan

What a Pitiful sight that nest is, if you could call it a nest Sad Thanks for the pic's stim!!
I too, hope the Parents are able to find a suitable site to build a brand new nest, and if they don't...I sure hope they don't try to lay eggs in this one...I really think I, as well as all of you would totally freak out if that were to occur Help emo

Debbie
Lake Cowichan BC
Member since April 2007

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sandra gee (offline) on Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 04:02 AM EDT  
sandra gee

Re the DeltaOwl eagle nest.....Bev Day sent Judy/jkr and I a note this evening to say that she had a really nice surprise this morning while looking out her window...... staring back at her from the one of trees in the nest area was Mom or Pop DeltaOwl Left thumb up. She was quite surprised with the visit, as it's earlier than other years. Unable to see the entire body she's not sure which one it was, but it stayed for almost an hour.
Bev also mentioned that there's been a great horned owl visiting the tree at night but when she views the cam all she sees is Charlotte Smile. There's also been a redtailed hawk visit periodically over the last 2 weeks but he only sits up above the nest so far. Bev said that if the eagles show interest in the nest the hawks will disappear and if not maybe there will be other takers for the new digs.

Thanks for info Bev Very Happywave

Sandra, Nanaimo BC
Member since Spring, 2006
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"
Song for Sean, John Lennon

Forum

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: jewill (offline) on Sunday, December 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM EST  
jewill

As I was driving home from OWL today I just had to stop and take these pictures of the local scenery. I realize there is beauty in every part of our world but this is what I get to look at every day. The sun was shining so brightly they are kind of washed out but I'm posting them anyway since the view was so breathtakingly beautiful.

This is a small portion of the Coastal Mountain range, looking north.

And this is Mount Baker in Washington state. It is a dormant volcano and I'm hoping that it doesn't decide to wake up anytime soon.

Judy W.
Surrey, BC, Canada
(Photo used with permission)

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (online) on Sunday, December 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM EST  
JudyB

Oh my, Judy - that's why I love visiting the northwest. Thank you for the lovely pictures of those most spectacular of mountains! love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Tuesday, April 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM EDT  
soph9

I tried to go to the nest today but the road down to OWL was under construction and they would not let me take my bike down....I was so bummed out after riding about an hour to see and take pics of this nest...but I will try again soon!

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: jewill (offline) on Wednesday, April 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM EDT  
jewill

Yes Soph, 72nd street is closed to all traffic from Ladner Trunk Road to the airport until the 17th at least. They are repaving it, and believe me it sure needs it. I'm surprised they didn't tell you to continue on to 80th and then Churchill (the airport road) and then rejoin 72nd. It probably would have taken you another 30 minutes or so, but you came so far. Oh well, next time...and if it's a Wednesday or Friday please drop in at OWL and ask for me. I'd love to show you around the place.

Judy W.
Surrey, BC, Canada
(Photo used with permission)

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:38 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate