Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - All Eagle Nests With Ground Observers
 Ma & Pa Sidney -- 2011/2012 Season
 |  Printable Version
By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 01:36 PM EDT (Read 36410 times)  
sassyk

Welcome to Ma & Pa Sidney's thread. This thread is dedicated to observations, photos and videos of our beloved Ma & Pa Sidney, around the area of Pat Bay. Ma & Pa built a new nest at the end of the 2011 nesting season and sadly there will be no cam on their new nest. Read David Hancock's comments here: The Sidney Nest Dilemma Many of the local members who visit the area on a regular basis are welcome to share their observations, photos and videos of Ma & Pa Sidney, taken at the beach or around the Pat Bay area, for everyone to enjoy.

Note: Due to privacy & safety concerns of the property owners where the new nest is located, and at David Hancock's request, there will be no photos or videos that have been taken around the new nest area posted on this thread, or anywhere else on the forum.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 01:37 PM EDT  
sassyk

Ma & Pa Sidney returned to their new nest area on Sat. Oct. 1st. Here is our beautiful Ma Sidney, perched in one of their favourite trees by the Pat Bay Trading Post. She was facing the other way when I first spotted her then turned around to greet meWub She still has the white feather on her right leg. These pics were taken at 3:15pm Monday, Oct. 3rd. Click pics bigger.

Click on image to download

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 03:46 PM EDT  
sassyk

When I drove past Ma & Pa's new nest on my way to the Market, Ma was perched on a branch next to the nest and Pa was in the nest fussing with his sticksRoll eyes The nest is definitely bigger than the last time I saw itOh My When I was driving back from the Market I spotted Pa flying over the old nest property; he landed in one of the trees at the south corner opposite the beach.

Here are a few pics of Pa in the tree at the south corner of the old nest property, looking out over the beach, taken between 4:21 and 4:24 pm. His neck is looking much better than it did a few months agoWub

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 03:47 PM EDT  
sassyk

A pic of Ma taken at 3:15pm, flying from the perch tree by the Pat Bay Trading Post. She flew out over Pat Bay. I took a pic of the Garry oak old nest tree to show the absence of the top part that has broken offSad It was such a beautiful tree. Click pics bigger.

ETA: I've added this pic of the Garry oak old nest tree to show what the top used to look likeSad When David did the cam maintenance 2 years ago he said the tree was rotting.

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 04:20 PM EDT  
Lonette

Thank You Kay for this wonderful thread and your wonderful pics of our Ma and Pa Sidney! I'm so glad they are home and hope they are very happy in their new home. Can't wait for your next visit and visits by our other friends in the area too!!Cheers

“Our power of perseverance is as that of an eagle. We soar above our challengers.” Ellen J. Barrier

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (online) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 04:23 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Kay.. Thank you so much for the awesome pictures of Ma and Pa Sidney...Cheers I am so excited to see them... they look wonderful... i wish them a successful season...

...Helpful Hints ..Be respectful ..Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 05:54 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

yes thank you from me too! Sooooooo painful to think about our fav eagles making sweet babies and us unable to see them this season "but" such a relief that they are out of that old snag

all the best Ma and Pa hug

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Tuesday, October 04 2011 @ 06:24 PM EDT  
Diana-gogee

Thank You Kay, for the pictures of our beautiful Ma and Pa Red Heart
Just knowing that they are back safe and sound makes me happyCheers

We shall overcome – and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:19 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate