Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock Area 2012 Ground Observers
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 07:56 PM EST  
MaryF

That gorgeous bird is most likely a red-tailed hawk, Christian..... Another beautiful member of the raptor family! It looks like he or she had its' eye on you!!

AKA purpleagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Christian (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 08:45 PM EST  
Christian

Quote by: MaryF

That gorgeous bird is most likely a red-tailed hawk, Christian..... Another beautiful member of the raptor family! It looks like he or she had its' eye on you!!

Thank you Mary - I asked around and compared images too, but everyone seemed to be unsure about the hawk- it looked somewhat different - you surely are right!

By the way this hawk was eying Jesse, the Jack-Russel, and she was cheekily barking at him!

Christian
In my dreams I am an Eagle
Please note that my images may be used for promotion of eagle preservation and non-profit purposes only - feel free to use the high resolution images and kindly acknowledge me. Thank you.

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, November 07 2011 @ 06:19 PM EST  
MaryF

Oh...shame on Jesse. Rolling on floor laughing The red tail might have been trying to figure if she was too large for a meal! We have that type of hawk all over here in the San Antonio area and at my summer home in Michigan. I watched some red tail chicks fledge from a nest right behind my Aunt's cottage this summer...boy were they noisy!!

AKA purpleagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Christian (offline) on Saturday, November 12 2011 @ 01:01 PM EST  
Christian

I was out too this morning - very stormy- these images are unedited from 9.15am-9.25 am this morning.

Winds are strong and Dad (if I got it right) is taking a break from Mom's nagging by exploring a tree about 100ft North of the nest (closer to the road, good for me). However the welcoming crowd of crows made him return to the nest, seems like Mom is still the better option (you can't win Grin )
Click on image to download

Christian
Please note that my images may be used for promotion of eagle preservation and non-profit purposes only - feel free to use the high resolution images and kindly acknowledge me. Thank you.

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglenut (offline) on Saturday, November 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM EST  
eaglenut

Nice photos Christian, Left thumb up it is such a windy day, Ma is quite bossy, and Pa is out there looking for branches !

PLEASE make a Donation to HWF

Forum

White Rock

Profile Email   PM

By: Lunamoon (offline) on Saturday, November 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM EST  
Lunamoon

Hi, gang!

I have been reading and catching up on the latest eagle activities, although I'm unable to watch at work, and with the shorter daylight hours now, weekends are about it for me. :cry1:

Fascinating to me how they are able to weave those twigs into a circle around the sides of the nest. It's looking very good now!

And great photos up there too! Looking forward to a new nesting season this coming year! Egg HatchEgg Hatch

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Christian (offline) on Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM EST  
Christian

Amazing activity just before 9am - I saw Dad (I believe) taking a dive and crashing into a pine tree with such force that a big branch just cracked with a lot of noise. This all went so quick that I could hardly focus but I did manage to capture the branch in his claws, you can even see the needles flying off. Another image shows return to nest with a smaller branch and a lively discussion. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Christian

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM EST  
stim

Wooh You were definitely in the right place at the right time with camera ready Christian! Great action shots. :thumrht:Left thumb up

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:25 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate