Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock Area 2012 Ground Observers
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, October 03 2011 @ 11:11 AM EDT (Read 74058 times)  
Pat B

~ SEASON 2012 ~

Welcome to the White Rock Area Ground Observers Thread!

This thread is intended for reports and pictures/videos of the the White Rock area. We welcome posts relating to information which depicts the environment of the White Rock Eagle's nest and encourage members who visit White Rock and the surrounding area to post their comments and pictures here. Learning more about the area and the many eagles that live there will only add to our viewing experience of the White Rock Eagles and their nest.

Link to the 2011 Ground Observer thread with lots of great pictures and reports.

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, October 03 2011 @ 11:12 AM EDT  
Pat B

Reserved.

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Christian (offline) on Saturday, November 05 2011 @ 07:04 PM EDT  
Christian

Just returned from Alaska - Well what luck I live so close to the nest and finally found it - special thanks to Eaglenut for the kind help- at 12.30pm I took these images (only 5 min drive from my home Nodding yes)

Please understand that these were taken at quite a distant in order to respect privacy.

You can see the position of the close-up camera too. Amazing. Shortly after both eagles took off, then one of them landed on a tree about 200m South of the nest. Can anyone identify who is who here? Click on them for better resolution.

Click on image to download

Christian
In my dreams I am an Eagle
Please note that my images may be used for promotion of eagle preservation and non-profit purposes only - feel free to use the high resolution images and kindly acknowledge me. Thank you.

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglenut (offline) on Saturday, November 05 2011 @ 08:04 PM EDT  
eaglenut

Nice shots Christian,I'm glad that you were able to find the nest, with respect to the homeowners privacy.
I think that the eagle on the left, which seems smaller, is Pa and the one on the right is the female, that's my guess, and the second photo, maybe is Pa.

PLEASE make a Donation to HWF

Forum

White Rock

Profile Email   PM

By: Christian (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 01:01 PM EST  
Christian

Lovely day here in White Rock / Ocean Park. Activity at the nest, even got the moment of take-off

Christian
Please note that my images may be used for promotion of eagle preservation and non-profit purposes only - feel free to use the high resolution images and kindly acknowledge me. Thank you.

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 02:53 PM EST  
stim

:hello: What a great addition your shots will make to this thread Christian! :thumrht:Left thumb up What a treat for you to live so close to the nest! Enjoy! Sitting eagleSitting eagleEgg hatch:Egg hatch:

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 04:09 PM EST  
MaryF

Really wonderful pictures, Chtistian! Thanks so much for posting them. You must have a wonderful camera!! :thumrht:

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Christian (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 07:35 PM EST  
Christian

Thank you Mary, thank you all who send me so many encouraging and kind words! I really appreciate this Whistling

Well I spent some time on the beach, it was such a lovely day, and whilst waiting for the eagles to return to their nest, I followed this young one - and am delighted to share this with you as everything was just right, which often is not the case. What a beauty in feathers! I was a bit puzzled with the colors, looks like an eagle, is it? What do the experts say?

Christian

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate