Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 12:27 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Jean - in both posts where you uploaded a photo - you forgot the "file" button so they didn't show up. You can edit those posts and put the file in. I'll remove this post after you see it.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 01:16 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Click on image to downloadSouth Bruce Peninsula mayor Gwenn Gilbert puts her hear to Wiarton Willie in Wiarton, Ont., on Tuesday February 2, 2010. The groundhog saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter, agreeing with his furry counterparts He is an albino groundhog. Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 02:55 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Quote by: Velma Flann

Jean - in both posts where you uploaded a photo - you forgot the "file" button so they didn't show up. You can edit those posts and put the file in. I'll remove this post after you see it.

Well Iam sure doing things up brown huh? One of those days maybe of which I have quite a few Smile, Not my fault the computer 's haha.:blink: Is there anyway to get bigger print for me on here. So I can see better???????? OOOOOOooh Velma where are you....Help emo Click on image to download
hahahahahahagiggle
Been having the funniest dreams lately. Kind a lonesome , sad ones. I was taking a drive and it was by where my Mom used to live and I saw all the house doors opened so I opened the car door and ran to see if she was alright and what was happening. My Mom has been dead for almost 20 yrs not quite but what a dream. when I woke up I was actually talking to her...then my sister too.I called her name.She has been gone 4-5 yrs.
A bit Scary. Does physcic ability have anything to do with it??Does anyone ever have those kind of dreams. I must look up what it's all about. this dreaming. .I have a terrible time sleeping at night seems I cannot shut off the brain... ( golly I do have one I hope)Oh My Shh
Here is what some say...

Why do we dream?

Two different schools of thought exist as to why we dream: the physiological school, and the psychological school.

Both, however, agree that we dream during the REM, or rapid eye movement, phase of sleep. During this phase of sleep, our closed eyes dart rapidly about, our brain activity peaks, and our muscles suffer temporary paralysis.

The physiological theory centers upon how our body, specifically our brains, function during the REM phase of sleep. Proponents of this theory believe that we dream to exercise the synapses, or pathways, between brain cells, and that dreaming takes over where the active and awake brain leaves off. When awake, our brains constantly transmit and receive messages, which course through our billions of brain cells to their appropriate destinations, and keep our bodies in perpetual motion. Dreams replace this function.

Two underpinning physiological facts go towards supporting this theory of dreams. The first lies in the fact that the first two or so years of ones life, the most formative ones for learning, are also the ones in which the most REM sleep occurs. It follows that during this time of the greatest REM sleep, we experience the greatest number of dreams. The second physiological fact that lends credence to this theory is that our brain waves during REM sleep, as recorded by machines measuring the brain's electrical activity, are almost identical in nature to the brain waves during the hours we spend awake. This is not the case during the other phases of sleep.

Psychological theorists of dreams focus upon our thoughts and emotions, and speculate that dreams deal with immediate concerns in our lives, such as unfinished business from the day, or concerns we are incapable of handling during the course of the day. Dreams can, in fact, teach us things about ourselves that we are unaware of.

Connections between dreams that the human psyche have been made by many people over thousands of years. The famous Greek philosopher, Aristotle wrote in his "Parva Naturalia," over 2,200 years ago, of a connection between dreams, waking experiences, and emotional needs.

Others have delved into more complicated explanations for dreams, such as the prophetic nature of dreams written of in the Bible, which was and is a belief held by many cultures. Sigmund Freud, one of the fathers of modern psychology, believed dreams to be symbolic of any number of things buried deep within our minds and our memories.

Until someone proves or disproves one of these theories, or poses an alternate one, we are left at square one. Our knowledge as to what causes us to dream is limited to the fact that we do dream, and that dreams occur during the REM phase of sleep. Sweet dreams!

By: carl pa. usa (offline) on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 05:12 PM EST  
carl pa. usa

Hi Jee, How are you. I'm all over the place on this new forum.
I have home vista on my puter. On the top right side there are icons.
There is one marked Page, click on it and drop down menu appears
Click on text size and choose large med or small. I use large and it
works out good. Best regards, Carl

Forum

pittsburgh, pa.

Profile Email   PM

By: Ayla (offline) on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 06:22 PM EST  
Ayla

Thankyou, Carl! Much easier to read now.wave

Hi Jean, I'll be over at FFs posting,k!

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 06:28 PM EST  
vickrb

Jean, yes I see it too - at the very top of the page here - above the Hancock Wildlife Foundation Banner with the Eagle - right above the eye of the EAgle is the Page icon. Click on the little black down arrow and choose Text Size and choose large. Great idea. I like this a lot. Thank you Carl pa.usa

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 06:32 PM EST  
vickrb

Hello my friend Jean and all you other posters on this wonderful Tuesday.

Jean, to have the page in larger print:
******at the very top of the page here - above the Hancock Wildlife Foundation Banner with the Eagle - right above the eye of the EAgle is the Page icon. Click on the little black down arrow and choose Text Size and choose large. Great idea. I like this a lot.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, February 02 2010 @ 07:15 PM EST  
Velma Flann

However - if you are using Firefox - you have to click view on the upper left of the page, click zoom , zoom text only, and zoom in! you can do the zoom in until it is as large as you want it.. Smile

Howdy Vicki! Another day over at work, and time to enjoy a warm evening!!!!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:22 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate