Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Blackwater Refuge, MD - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Lonette (offline) on Monday, November 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM EST  
Lonette

I dropped by the nest cam today to check out the status. It is still the same. It has been 2 weeks since they ordered their new PC so hopefully it is in, software is being loaded, camera has been installed and we're almost ready to go!

I miss our BW parents!Wub

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, November 28 2011 @ 01:15 AM EST  
MaryF

An update from the Blackwater folks on facebook............

Update on Blackwater Raptor Cams

We know our very loyal fans are wondering about the status of our Blackwater raptor cams. For those who are new to our site, a few months ago during renovations on the Blackwater NWR Visitor Center, water was allowed to enter our computer room through a leak in the roof and we lost our cam PC. So we took the cams offline until the renovations were finished at the Visitor Center, expecting the work to be done before the start of Eagle Cam season.

Work is currently finishing up at the Visitor Center and we've acquired a new PC. We also placed a new wide-angle cam in the Eagle Cam tree a couple weeks ago, with the plan that once we had our PC up and running with the required software, we would turn on the Eagle Cam, and then the Osprey Cam.

Unfortunately last week, we lost the signal from our new Eagle Cam, and it appears the new camera has a malfunction. This is the second time this model has failed right after being placed in the tree, so we're going to abandon our efforts to use it. We've acquired a new wide-angle cam (different model) and we're making plans to send our tree climber up to install it.

Our cam technician is working hard to get everything in line for the Eagle Cam season, and at this point we believe we won't miss the start of the season, although we won't be online for our target date of November.

For those of you who have followed wildlife cams, you know that trying to operate cameras in the wild can bring a great many challenges, and sometimes things don't work out just the way we want them to, so we're trying our best to recover from the loss of our new cam and make plans to use a new model. We'll get online as soon as possible, since we miss the eagles as well.

Thanks for your patience and support
Lisa - webmaster

Click on image to downloadBlackwater nest tree--courtesy of Blackwater

AKA purpleagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Monday, November 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM EST  
Lonette

Thanks, Mary. fingers crossed that the cam is up soon!!!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Sunday, December 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM EST  
Lonette

Update from Friends of Blackwater Facebook Page:

Our cam technician reports that they've installed a new wide-angle cam on the Eagle Cam tree. Here is a photo showing our old cam, the new one that didn't work, and the latest cam we just installed (the largest of the three). We'll be testing the newest cam over the next few weeks to be sure it's working well. We're also working on getting our PC up and running so we can get the Eagle Cam image on the Net. Thanks for your patience.

Click on image to download

Boy, I hope the cam is up soon. Hopefully by the beginning of January so we can watch our Blackwater family!!!!Cheers

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Sunday, December 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM EST  
MaryF

ME TOO, Lonette!!! :cheerguy:

AKA purpleagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Wednesday, December 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM EST  
Debs

Evening Blackwater wave

I know we are all chomping at the bit waiting on the new cam....and there is an update on the cam page....thought I would share a copy here. Looks like we will have a live cam soon Clapping

Update on Blackwater Raptor Cams

December 21, 2011 Update: The new PC is up and running. We're now working on tweaking the software on the new operating system and also working to get rid of some static we're picking up on the image. The image to the right is a test shot. We did see an adult on the nest early Wednesday morning, which is a good sign that the couple is visiting the nest to bring the odd stick or clump of marsh grass to prepare the nest for a new season.

Lonette :hello: Hope you enjoy your Christmas with your family hug

Bev, Donna, MaryF, Judyb and friends of this nest wave hope you all enjoy a great holiday too hug

Help Us Reach Our Goal....your Nest Adoption supports the "whole of HWF not just a particular nest" its easy click on the picture above. Thank You!

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Tuesday, December 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM EST  
Lonette

December 21, 2011 Update: The new PC is up and running. We're now working on tweaking the software on the new operating system and also working to get rid of some static we're picking up on the image. The image to the right is a test shot. We did see an adult on the nest early Wednesday morning, which is a good sign that the couple is visiting the nest to bring the odd stick or clump of marsh grass to prepare the nest for a new season.

Click on image to download

It won't be long now!!!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Tuesday, December 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM EST  
Lonette

Oops. I see you already posted Debs. I was so egg-cited, forgot to check first! very embarrassedEgg Hatch

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:17 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate