Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM EDT (Read 26730 times)  
Pat B

The Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival 2011
Nov 19th

Link to the Festival site

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Debs (offline) on Monday, November 07 2011 @ 03:07 PM EST  
Debs

Karen :hello: Many thanks for the update on this year's FVBEF....as always it looks like a wonderful event and another release at Kirby too Clapping Whistling I keep the memories of last year's Festival very close so I can revisit often Wub....it was such a great time!!

I am so longing to go....hubby and I were just discussing it....it will be a great week in the valley!!!!

ETA I hope lots of snappies and captures are taken by our local "paparazzi" and shared here!

May you embrace all the "blessings and gifts" that surround you in your life ... let your spirit soar :-)

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Thursday, November 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM EST  
karenbills

Debs.....Great that you have been able to make preparations to attend FVBEF again this year. We are looking forward to seeing you. I just wanted to make a correction for anyone that read your post to clarify that the eagle release on Wednesday, Nov. 16, is not being held at Kilby this year. We are alternating the release sites. This year the release will take place at the Sandpiper Golf Course on Morris Valley Rd. where our 2009 Delta 1 juvie, Bandit, was released 2 years ago.

The bald eagle release will take place at 11 a.m. on Wednesday. Although we time this 3 days prior to the start of the festival each year to get much needed media exposure, the public is invited. One of the local schools will also be bringing their children again this year.

So we hope to meet many of our viewers and members next week.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, November 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM EST  
Debs

Karen Thanks for clarifying that I was so excited assumed it was at Kirby...the Sandpiper Golf Course is another perfect location for an eagle release Clapping!

Unfortunately, I am unable to attend now Sad so I will be counting on everyones' beautiful reports and captures to "take me there" hug

May you embrace all the "blessings and gifts" that surround you in your life ... let your spirit soar :-)

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Tuesday, November 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM EST  
soph9

any Eagles out in the valley? I have not seen any by my house yet...unusual not to see some by this time.

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: mmud (offline) on Tuesday, November 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM EST  
mmud

I've seen a lot of eagles around Chilliwack and the Fraser River soph9.
I visited Harrison Mills last week and saw many out there as well. Smile

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Tuesday, November 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM EST  
soph9

Good to know...still no eagles to day here in Maple Ridge.

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Christian (offline) on Thursday, November 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM EST  
Christian

Wow - my first visit to Harrison Mills - amazing! I also had the pleasure of meeting charismatic Karen and David for the first time at the occasion of a release of a rehabilitated eagle at the Sandpiper Golf Resort. It was indeed very festive and colorful but cold and later rainy and snowy. Here are some pictorial impressions, no words required. Click on the images for High Res -Enjoy!

Click on image to download

Christian
In my dreams I am an Eagle
Please note that my images may be used for promotion of eagle preservation and non-profit purposes only - feel free to use the high resolution images and kindly acknowledge me. Thank you.

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate