Forum Index > Other Birds and Wildlife > African Wildlife
 Djuma/WildEarth Live Safaris - 8/28/11 to present
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, August 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM EDT (Read 31095 times)  
JudyB

We are pleased to announce that you can now watch the Djuma/WildEarth Live Safaris on our website - click here! Our page for these amazing trips into a South African game reserve gives you a choice between the full-size feed direct from WildEarth and a smaller window via UStream, and shows the current time at Djuma.

The purpose of this thread is to provide viewers a place where they may post screencaps and/or videos and discuss events as they see them unfold during the twice daily drives at the Djuma Game Reserve. Djuma Game Reserve is located in the Sabi Sands area of South Africa. It is approximately 7 miles west and north of Nkorho Pan. There are many pans (waterholes), two large Dams (Gowrie and Buffelshoek), and two small dams (Tree House Dam and Twin Dam).

The drives through the reserve are conducted twice a day in a Landrover called the "Ganda" with a ranger who provides an explanation of what is being seen and a camera person. The drives occur in the early morning and late afternoon.

Helpful Links:

A big thanks to CJ for gathering much of the information here and setting up the African Wildlife area of the forum!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, August 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM EDT  
Pat B

Map Of Djuma - From Wild Earth

Click for much larger to help you follow the drives.

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, August 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM EDT  
JudyB

Reserved.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, August 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM EDT  
JudyB

Reserved

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, August 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi everyone! I readily confess that I'd love to watch this cam more often - but my schedule makes it near-impossible - which means that I was doing a bit guesswork as I set up this thread.

Please let me know via email or PM (or posting - knowing that I will remove "work in progress" posts, including this one, once we get organized) if I've made any major mistakes or if there's something you thing should/could be added.

And let me know if you can thing of ways to let people know this is happening - most of the North American eagles are away for a few months, and this might be a nice change of pace, if only people knew.

Thanks so much!

Thank You

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Monday, August 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Skipper

Hi all :hello: and welcome to the new viewers of the Djuma/WildEarth Safaris Red Heart I have been watching for at least two years now and love it!!

Tonight we caught up with our resident leopard family. The mother is Karula and we have watched her raise three sets of cubs. Tonight her son, Induna, came to share a meal with his mother and his two younger siblings. This was very unusual as usually a mother leopard would not tolerate her older children being with her younger ones.

Here is a screencap of Induna from tonight's drive:

Click on image to download

The other amazing thing that happened today is that Pieter posted a photo of his new daughter, Sydney!!

It's a bit of a long story but Pieter used to be a presenter on WildEarth. His high school sweetheart, Lieschen, came to visit him in Djuma after being apart for years and they fell in love all over again! Lieschen came to live with Pieter at Djuma. We laughed and cried with them on the drives until they left to marry and live in Namibia. And now they have a daughter who was born on August 22, 2011. Congrats to Pieter and LIeschen!

By: eiguoc (offline) on Monday, August 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM EDT  
eiguoc

I found you
A young stallion
meow!!!!!!roar

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, August 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM EDT  
Pat B

5:07 pm
Lions really know how to sleep!

5:10 pm

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:20 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate