Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Lafarge Vancouver BC - Bald Eagle Nest
 Lafarge - Reports from the Area
 |  Printable Version
By: Bob D. (offline) on Thursday, March 04 2010 @ 01:32 PM EST (Read 62850 times)  
Bob D.

Hi...I finally made it to the site ...so far the Lafarge eagles seem to be roosting in their tree each night now that the bright lights have been toned down...there is still a fair amount of light on the nest at night but they are staying there now. They seem to use it more for a feeding platform now. There has been no activity around the artificial tree (I have only seen one of them perch there once...a few months ago...there may have been other occasions but I haven't witnessed any to date. If memory serves me the female was steady on her nest around this time last year...on the egg...so far I haven't seen any sign of this pair having eggs yet...maybe they will take a summer off after last years trio...best regards to all Bob.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: iansmith () on Thursday, March 04 2010 @ 11:20 PM EST  
Anonymous: iansmith

Thanks Bob. I've been watching mid-day but haven't seen them at all. I'll try going by before work.

By: Anonymous: JudiMN () on Thursday, March 04 2010 @ 11:28 PM EST  
Anonymous: JudiMN

thanks for starting this thread again! I really enjoyed your photos and observations last year. I"m glad the eagles are still around!

By: Anonymous: iansmith () on Monday, March 08 2010 @ 02:48 PM EST  

Did a drive by at 11am, on the way to lunch. Both eagles were walking around on the nest. They might be preparing it for the nesting season. Couldn't stay too long, just 2-3 minutes. (It was the original nest in the tree, not the new one on the pole.) No pictures.

By: Anonymous: iansmith () on Tuesday, March 09 2010 @ 10:06 PM EST  

Drove by at lunch again. Only one on the nest today. Watched for a couple of minutes and took a couple of snapshots. I was able to crop this one in. Good to see they are back.

Click on image to download

By: soph9 (offline) on Tuesday, March 09 2010 @ 11:03 PM EST  
soph9

great picture.....I did a little edit to your post so the pic comes up right away,,,,,

ian if you want to post a pic on this forum you need to click ...up above...add the #1 in between the brackets...if you want to add up to three pics you just keep clicking on file and put 2 and 3 between the brackets as well....if you go to your post and click edit for yourself you will see what I did. Any questions you can PM any of the FA or Admins.

LOVE you pictures!

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: mystery () on Thursday, March 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM EST  
Anonymous: mystery

one egg. doing well.

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, March 11 2010 @ 01:49 PM EST  
JudyB

Welcome, mystery! Wonderful news - I was wondering if the eagles would nest with all that was happening. Any idea when the egg was laid? Any chance of a picture?

(We sure do want a lot, don't we! Titter)

Thanks for stopping by and giving us the news - and do let us know if you get more information. Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:38 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate