Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Stanley Park Eagles: Malkin Bowl and Prospect Point
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jenobi () on Wednesday, March 03 2010 @ 06:39 PM EST (Read 4076 times)  
Anonymous: Jenobi

sigh sign Well Hi to y'all wave

Another nesting season is approaching and as I have just come off of a long working schedule during the Olympics, I have just gotten around to pop in here. Hopefully I will get some time to report on the Malkin Bowl Nest and Prospect Point Nest soon with photos.

I have been around the seawall a few times in the past month and have seen both couples, so hopefully there will be success for both nests.

Info soon to come!

By: sassyk (offline) on Wednesday, March 03 2010 @ 07:26 PM EST  
sassyk

waveJenobi: Welcome backLeft thumb up And what an Olympics they wereLeft thumb up Vancouver and Whistler can be very proud of what was accomplishedClapping Glad you saw both pair of eagles and I'll check back for photosNodding yes

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jenobi () on Thursday, March 04 2010 @ 08:43 PM EST  

Well Hi Everyone,wave
Today I took my new canon powersho sx10is which I bought specifically to be able to take easy quick shots of the eagles in Stanley Park. The sun was in and out, but beautiful of course. A relaxing post Olympic walk in the park without all the tourists. Ahhhh

Went to Malkin Bowl and saw the too soaring high above the nest. They arrived as soon as I did as if by queue. Unforunately they didn't land in the tree. Got some shots of them.

Then off around the seawall and the two followed a bit. I saw the Beaver Lake eagle couple through the trees.

The nest is not visible from the ground but they were probably the eagles that feast on the shores past the Lions Gate Bridge - I added a pic or two last year of an eagle feasting on a rock close up.

Hiked up to Prospect Point next and didn't see the eagles right away. I did take pics of a a fun red-breasted sapsucker. A zillion pics and video! Fun! The eagles arrived in the old spindley tree that used to be their nesting site.

By: Anonymous: Jenobi () on Tuesday, April 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM EDT  

It's been awhile.... Sorry Folks.

The weather has been blah on my days off, and work has been a bit busy. Also, I need to remember my camera...LOL.

So, the Malkin Bowl nest (Dining Pavilion) has been visited and the tree has had the eagles in it but there is no nesting this year. Unfortunate considering I want these two to succeed!!!!

The Prospect Point (Merilees Trail) nest is also vacant. More unfortunate news. Seems that the couple are often perched at 3rd beach!!! Here are some pics.....

Also, (I will post this on the Vanier Park Nest thread) but there is a little one in the nest at Vanier Park. Please see the pics in the appropriate thread!

By: Anonymous: Jenobi () on Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM EDT  

Here are some recent pics of the Malkin Bowl Eagle (Dad I think).

These pics are of an eagle near the Lions Gate Bridge

By: Anonymous: Jenobi () on Wednesday, June 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM EDT  

wave
Hi Y'all,
Well, I am once again doomed with crappy weather on a day off. I am waiting for the sun to break out so I can go out to take some photos. In the mean time, I am enjoying all the other nests in the city via threads and up close live views when I get a chance. Walking over the Burrard Street Bridge I saw a baby eaglet stretching and then an adult fly to the water to pick a fish out. Beautiful.

Enjoy your eagle viewing...

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, July 06 2010 @ 03:03 AM EDT  
gemini

Quote by: terrytvgal

Today after FledgeFest, the idea of having a get together at one of the Parks near the Lafarge Nest came up!! David is quite keen on the idea and even thought that if we were lucky and got a nice crowd together we just might persuade the media to drop by. It would be wonderful to acknowledge Lafarge for their work with this nest and supplying the Cameras for us.

There isn't time to plan anything fancy beyond meeting at one of the parks and 'winging' it. (so to speak). If everyone brought themselves a bit of a snack we could have a picnic. We are thinking of Monday July 12 which should be pretty close to her fledge day.

So check your calendars and put an X on the 12th. Let's see if we can make something happen to honour this beautiful Tenas Chakchak we have had the joy of watching.

If you are at all interested Please let me know double-quick. Post your response and comments HERE!

Thank You Thank You and now....Good night

Hi Folks,

I said I would pass along this info to the "local ground observers" for Terry as she is wiped after the wonderful day at Fedgefest! Thanks for all your hard work Terry and Alan! (Mr Terrytvgal)!! Faint Thank You

If you are at all interested in a possible "Lafargefest", please respond ASAP by posting HERE!!

And as Terry said Good night!

cheers,
gemini

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, July 09 2010 @ 06:22 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Hello!

Terry here! I am here to see if you might be able to pop by the Lafarge Nest at some point on the Weekend. We believe Chakchak is close to or even possibly has fledged. Any report from the ground would be awsome! This is a 'generic request' that i'm placing in all the local Content Provider threads....

Thanks!

Terry

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:06 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate