Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Sidney BC - Bald Eagle Nests
 FledgeFest 2011 ~ July 7th ~ Photos and Comments
 |  Printable Version
By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, June 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM EDT (Read 21409 times)  
sassyk

This thread is where to post your comments, personal photos & screencaptures of the activities at the Sidney nest on FledgeFest day. Members attending FF are welcome to post their own personal photos of Ma, Pa and the 3 eaglets, as well as photos of FF attendees, and their comments on the days activities. Members unable to attend FF who are watching the eagles on the live cam are also welcome to post their screencaptures and comments here.

Here are 2 pics of the area at the south end of the nest property where we gather to watch the eagles, set up scopes and cameras. As you can see, the grass and thistles are again 5 ft. high. They were tickling my hair as I walked through the other day. We are hoping it will be much shorter on July 7thWink Click bigger.

Looking away from the driveway towards the corner of the nest property on W. Saanich Rd.
Click on image to download

Looking towards the driveway from half-way to the corner of the nest property.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 07:49 AM EDT  
jkr

Happy FledgeFest Day. I know everyone attending will have a great time !
The weather has even cooperated for the day so you can leave all your rain gear at home.
We're expecting lots of pictures on your return.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 09:22 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Such excitement! I am sending huge smiles from Texas for y'all to have a joyful day.......
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 09:44 AM EDT  
JudyB

Hi everyone - wish I could be there (and will be in spirit)!

As a reminder, we need lots of small pictures as well as the stunning full-page pictures for the Calendar - please send Nancy some of your favorites from today. Cheers!

================================================

Pictures and S'caps Needed!

We're still looking for pictures for the 2012 Hancock Wildlife Calendar - and as you can see from the back page of the 2011 calendar, we like a variety of eagles and poses:

The 13 primary pictures need to be high resolution, generally at least 300dpi at 8x10 and the bigger the better - here's the link for more information, such as where to send your pictures:

staticpages/index.php/2012CalendarInformation

However, if you have a great picture that's not that high-res - or a great s'cap from one of our cams, we also need a lot of smaller pictures to fill in the empty squares on the calendar - here's an example from the current calendar (click bigger):

These are all s'caps - but we also welcome pictures of "our" eagles or of your local eagles taken with regular cameras as well as with expert gear. Please don't crop your picture before submitting it - we do have a few non-standard-size places we can put pictures, and this will give Nancy the flexibility to "crop to fit"!

The eagles are marvelous subjects - and I know we have some fantastic photographers and s'cappers here - and I can't wait to see what pictures we have this year! Thanks to Nancy, David, Karen and everyone else involved - and if you haven't put in your order yet, the link above will also provide information on how to do that.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: amykepler (offline) on Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 10:52 AM EDT  
amykepler

Quote by: Woodlands Bleu

Such excitement! I am sending huge smiles from Texas for y'all to have a joyful day.......
carolyn

What she said, but also from Toney, Alabama. Happy FledgeFest everybody.

Amy

Forum

Toney, AL. U.S.A.

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 11:48 AM EDT  
Lonette

Miss Arizona chiming in! giggle

Have a GREAT time FledgeFesters and don't forget we'll all be waiting here for stories and pictures.

8:47 a.m.
No eaglets in sight on the nest.

“Our power of perseverance is as that of an eagle. We soar above our challengers.” Ellen J. Barrier

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 12:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Birdsie

And from "Miss" California, too! :hello: giggle

Hope you have a great day of sightings today!

9:14 AM
We have a frisky eaglet now--flapping on the 1:00 branch and running ("flying" ) around the nest--hope you get to see some of that!

Have a great time!

By: sassyk (offline) on Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 12:21 PM EDT  
sassyk

I turned on the cam for a few minutes and saw 1 eaglet flapping on the left side of the screen and looking right into the cam. Maybe s/he is thinking are you coming to see me today?

8:15 am

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:51 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate