Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Nests with Ground Observers
 Northwest Territories and Northern Alberta Eagle Families
 |  Printable Version
By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 03:09 PM EDT (Read 17090 times)  
Debs

In the spring of 2006 I read a remarkable article in the paper about a very special eagle couple ... Ma and Pa Hornby Wub and the coordinated efforts of two very special people David Hancock and Doug Carrick as they worked together to share this beautiful and majestic couple with the world via a live bald eagle cam Clapping.

When the Hornby nest failed David Hancock rallied to place another camera in another nest and soon afterward we were introduced to Ma and Pa Sidney Wub and their two beautiful kids Lil Sid and Big Victoria and this family promptly claimed all our hearts.

Since reading that very first article my life has been enriched not only by these very special bald eagle families Wub but by the wonderful friends and family I have met here since 2006. During the good times and even in the bad times we perched together and celebrated the good times and supported each other thru some sad times. Our lives enriched in so many ways all because of our mutal love and admiration for these magnificant birds!

My love for the bald eagle soon became a hobby love and it has become an important part of my life. My family teases me about it all the time! Over the past six seasons I have bundled up Mr. Debs Green LOL and off we would go on search of nesting bald eagles. Even holidays have been planned around the nesting season. Each journey has become more like an adventure Grin and usually the effort has paid off in spades Whistling even when mother nature did not always cooperate.

So this thread is devoted to my bald eagle adventures primarily in the Northwest Territories and in Northern Alberta and at times other parts of the globe too.

A map of the Northwest Terrritories and Northern Alberta a place I call home!
Click on image to download

These pictures are my craft so please do not reproduce or copy them without my permission, thank you!

From our home to yours wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and all the very best in 2017

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 03:10 PM EDT  
Debs

This is a nest located in Hay River, Northwest Territories.

This huge nest was destroyed by a wind storm in fall of 2008 and the parents rebuilt the nest in the spring of 2009 in the exact location and in the very same tree.

The nest sits within a Y crotch and there is not much support or framework to help support the weight of this nest.

From our home to yours wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and all the very best in 2017

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 03:10 PM EDT  
Debs

Hay River Nest

Now time to meet this adorable couple Wub

First Mom Wub

Dad joins Mom in the nest and as always he is wanting to tidy the nest bowl Wub.

Both are actively chatting about something!

These captures were taken in May 2008

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 03:11 PM EDT  
Debs

Hay River Nest

Mom Wub

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 03:11 PM EDT  
Debs

Hay River Nest

Meet two of the kids from past season Wub

Mom is perched nearby watching over her juvies Wub

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 06:43 PM EDT  
Debs

Hay River Nest

Adult perched just a block or so away...perched with a nice view of the nest. Dragon flies and the bugs were unbearable even for us; Mr. Debs stayed in vehicle Titter

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 09:16 PM EDT  
Debs

A wide angle view from the private road.

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 09:32 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

CONGRATULATIONS DEBS ON THIS THREAD

Beautiful pictures you posted here... love all of them especially the one of the two juvies in the nest ,.. how thrilling for you to see this and capture all of them so beautifully....

...Helpful Hints ..Be respectful ..Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate