Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Sidney BC - Bald Eagle Nests
 Sidney - Guidelines for Nest Discussion Thread
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (online) on Sunday, February 28 2010 @ 07:23 AM EST (Read 1396 times)  
JudyB

Good morning everyone! wave

I've just posted the following in the Sidney Nest Discussion/Observation thread:

Good morning, everyone! It does look as if we're getting close to egg-laying time - thank you all for the great pictures and observations!

I do have a favor to ask on behalf of the Admin and Research teams - and it's going to sound a bit funny - but would you please be less friendly. I know it's considered courteous on a number of threads to acknowledge the contributions of other members and to say good morning to those joining the conversation - but this thread is going to get very busy very soon, and those simple, polite gestures take up a lot of room. And that makes it hard to read through the thread to see what happened.

It's OK to have a general "great reporting" or "thanks for all the pics" as part of a post - as long as most of the post is about what's happening on the nest. It's OK to acknowledge a really great pic or video or observation occasionally - but if one or two people have already posted about it, please send a PM to let the person know you appreciate their contributions. It's also great to say "welcome" to a new member - but please do so as part of a meaningful post if possible.

There are a number of great threads in the chat area where you can discuss what's happening at the nest in a more casual fashion - and if there's a need for a chat thread specifically for those who post on the Sidney Observation thread to discuss other topics, we'll be happy to set one up.

Again, thanks for all your contributions! And if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

I am happy to answer any questions, and we're open to comments and suggestions - but rather than taking up space in the Sidney Nest Discussion/Observation thread, we're asking that any discussion about how best to keep the thread focused on its primary mission - reporting on what happens at the nest - happen here. Thanks! Left thumb up

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:50 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate