Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Nests with Ground Observers
 Clark Fork River MT - Bald Eagle Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Sue Erickson () on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Sue Erickson

Everybody is up. Baby 4, little Joker, is beautifully framed between his bigger siblings. You sure can see the difference in size. There's a little whoops and the end. In the beginning, you can catch a glimpse of all four. So they are still all there and doing well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/4eaglechick ... Rb6dsJ1APc

By: tuckerfan (offline) on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM EDT  
tuckerfan

That was a great video Sue, glad you warned us about the whoops part, my heart stopped for a second therePhew Looks to be hot there today?, could see the heat waves in your video...

Debbie
Lake Cowichan BC
Member since April 2007

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM EDT  
yalitldevl

Great job here Sue!! Clapping Boy your eyes must have clean popped right out when you counted 4 this year!! Ohhh man those parents would have to fish like crazy to keep those babies all happy.

I really enjoyed reading your notes and watching the vids. I hope you're proud of your work here, you should be!

The size difference in that last video is unbelievable!! Now I've seen everything! We thought our little Tiny was small but that's wayyy beyond that difference

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Sue Erickson () on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM EDT  

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. When I first thought I discovered four, I went running out of the house to find my husband. We thought, "Nah, couldn't be." We looked up the statistics and found out how incredibly rare it was. I kept spotting them over the next few days. I had to tell somebody. That's when I stumbled across David Hancock's site and gave him a call. The excitement escalated from there. We have a local biologist also documenting them. She gets beautiful photos from closer to the nest and posts them on her website. But she can't see inside the nest quite like I do from my vantage point. I am excited and enthralled every day.

By: Anonymous: Sue Erickson () on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM EDT  

By the way, it's not hot. That's cold air from the babies' breath. It will get to about 70 today possible. Nice and comfortable.

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM EDT  
Anonymous: CAL04

Thanks much for the "whoops" video, Sue. Too cute seeing Little Joker go "whoops"! Titter

We are very fortunate that you "stumbled across David Hancock's site"; if not for that, we would be missing this rare opportunity to see a 4 eaglet nest. Absolutely wonderful to be able to read your nest observations and to see your outstanding videos. Left thumb up

By: Anonymous: Sue Erickson () on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM EDT  

The kids have picked at some of the leftovers in the nest. I see them picking at stuff and eating it. They're learning, but they still want fresh food. Mom and Dad came at the same time. They didn't bring anything. They just moved the leftovers around a bit and took off again.

By: urdognu (offline) on Tuesday, May 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM EDT  
urdognu

Greetings Sue... WOW!!! 4 eaglets??? I am so glad to have found this site as I look forward to reading more about the progress of this huge family. What a treat for you. Thank you for sharing your observations/pics/videos of this nest.

Judy Lynn

HELPFUL HINTS

Forum

Southern California

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:35 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate