Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Creative Inspiration
 A Light-Hearted Look at Wildlife
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM EDT (Read 4425 times)  
JudyB

As I think back on my years of watching the various eagle cams, I remember the ups and downs at the various nests - and also the wonderfully creative ways that people responded to those with some funny and touching enhanced s'caps - such as the birthday party for Lil Sid, where the eaglet who often did not get as much food as his older sibling was served all sorts of colorful dishes, courtesy of some member's skill with a photo-editing program. Or the umbrella that was provided for Mom after a long rainy week.

We are trying to keep these "enhanced" s'caps out of the primary discussion thread for three reasons. One is that pictures slow down the loading of the pages, so we've had to limit the number of attachments per page, and would like the s'caps posted there to be part of the report on what is happening at the nest, not what we wish were happening. The next is that we do have some researchers using the threads for various studies, and they probably couldn't use an otherwise excellent picture of food that was brought to the nest if someone had added a knife and fork. And the third is that we're hoping to be able to use some of the s'caps taken this nesting season for our 2012 calendar - and again, because the calendar is part of our educational outreach, we need pictures of the eagles for that.

However, we do want people to have fun while they watch the eagles, and to share their light-hearted visions of what's happening at the nests - and this is a place to do that. We do request that all enhanced pictures be suitable for viewing by young children and school boards - we want everyone to be able to enjoy this thread!

And while we're setting it up for enhanced s'caps of the eagles seen on the Hancock cams, we're not limiting it to eagles - all enhanced pictures of wildlife and nature are welcome. And you're welcome to post a link to your picture in the thread about the cam, though it would be great if the discussion about the lighthearted pictures could be here, keeping the cam discussion threads more focused on what's currently happening on the nest.

And please - if you post a link to a picture you've discovered here, include credit to the artist who created it.

Thank you - and enjoy! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM EDT  
JudyB

Reserved

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, April 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

Wooh

Click on image to download

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, April 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM EDT  
Pat B

HaHA - that reminds me of the videos Humble 777 made Grin

Man your Battlestations

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, April 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

Ohhh Pat I love Humbles vids, I hope everybody goes and watches them! Clapping

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Eagle lovers fro (offline) on Sunday, April 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM EDT  
Eagle lovers fro

Happy Easter Sidney ~Mom ,Dad and the 3 Peeps hug
Made With LoveRed Heart

Ciao~Starrwave

***STARR***

NEW VIDEO:..Share the love for Mom and Dad Hornby
CLICK HERE
NEW VIDE0~Sidney Nest.Mom and Dad nest building
CLICK HERE

Forum

NYC

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Sunday, April 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM EDT  
Lonette

“Our power of perseverance is as that of an eagle. We soar above our challengers.” Ellen J. Barrier

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, April 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM EDT  
JudyB

Great picture, Lori! Now that the Delta 2 chicks are getting bigger - and more productive - I am reminded that it's not a good idea to stand under an eagle's nest for several reasons! Titter And humble's video - Roll eyesGrin

And wonderful Easter pictures of Sidney! I love the chicks in the basket, Starr! And little #3 with his little bunny ears, Lonette. love

Thank you all for the smiles.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:57 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate