Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Nests with Ground Observers
 Eagles Along The Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois Rivers
 |  Printable Version
By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM EDT  
HikerBikerGram

Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM EDT  
HikerBikerGram

This twosome of two male Red-breasted Mergansers were a great find. I did not see any females in the area. They are diving ducks and that is why they have the wet head look.Smile

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM EDT  
HikerBikerGram

As I was walking through the woods this owl flew off a branch and landed on a dead tree on the edge of the woods. I tried to approach to get abetter shot, but no luck. It was a really large owl. I just did a little research and it looks to be a Great Horned Owl. I will be checking that area out again for sure, there may be a nest.

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM EDT  
HikerBikerGram

Remember this Great Horned Owl I photographed the last end of November last year. The areas are right across the river from each other. Very interesting. Smile

Here is the video I made last year from that encounter with the Great Horned Owl.

Video Camera Great Horned Owl

I will close with this beautiful spring flower and its visitor a lovely Cabbage White butterfly. Click twice on the photo to see its lovely detail. Another piece of Natures Art. Red Heart

This fisherman caught this large Catfish while I was watching the GBH catch its fish.Smile

Thanks for stopping by. :hello:

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM EDT  
mmud

Lovely action pics of the eagle pair Linda. I hope you'll be able to see the eaglets soon at both nests. Smile
Sweet pics and vid of the Canada Goose family. The goslings are so cute. Pretty pics of the Turtles, beautiful Mergansers, Egrets, great find of the GHO (with vid from Dec.), flowers, and nice catch by the fisherman. I guess he didn't want to be outdone by the GBH.
Beautiful pics and vid of the Heron catching it's meals.
Sorry there was still no sign of the Mute Swans in the area. Thank you for sharing.

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: grateful (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM EDT  
grateful

Linda, the pictures of the eagles are just wonderful. You caught them in wonderful action shots and also perched. I love the one of the eagle coming in to land beside the already perched eagle.
What amazing shots of the GBH. Great sequences. Hard to believe he can get that huge fish down. Beautiful pictures of the Great Egret. Aren't the goslings just adorable? Beautiful Mergansers, turtles, and GHO. That fisherman sure caught a nice sized catfish too! Thank you so much for sharing with us. Great shots. Left thumb up

Nancy

Forum

Lakeland, FL

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 09:10 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Hi Linda,
I don't post much but I do come to see what you've been seeing and always enjoy being here.

The Goslings are too cute for words. It was fun watching them picking things out of the
grass and swimming along with their Mom. The GBH video and photos are fantastic. H/s was
interesting to watch looking for fish to catch and my goodness the size of the last one!
The eagles are so beautiful; I got a kick out of the one ducking and the other flew in to join
on the branch. Gotta love the turtles too! All the photos are wonderful and you ended perfectly
with the lovely photo of the butterfly on what look like daisies. Thank you for sharing your
adventures.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM EDT  
elle

Oh my Linda! Just too many "oohs " and " aahs" for words, really. I know how long it takes to sort through pix and videos and post them and so I will thank you for your dedication to sharing all your wonderful wildlife sightings with us. I am partial to the turtles and want a video of them in motion Titter Of course I love the eagles and I am quite familiar with the Canada Geese PuzzledChinSmile . Aren't the Great Blue Herons fun to watch fishing? You are just as patient and determined as they are. Thank you, thank you!
P.S. I forgot the owlSmile :thumrht:

We can survive without religions but we cannot survive without kindness and compassion.
The Dalai Lama

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:30 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate