Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Nico Wynd, Crescent Beach, BC 2011-2014 Bald Eagle Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Les Elias (offline) on Friday, October 07 2011 @ 11:01 PM EDT  
Les Elias

Yes, it's nice to have our eagles back at home.

It's a low part of the season for the eagles' stories. But there are other birds around us. I have a true story I would like share with you about a very ordinary bird you know very well too. It's here
http://mynicowynd.com/A_Story_of_Junco/JUNCO.html
As you may notice, there are four stories on my website.One you already know. It's about our eagles from the last year. Now you will know the second one. The other two are not finished yet. One will be about our young eagles of this year and then one about a duck.

Hope you do not mind to bring it up here.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Les Elias (offline) on Thursday, March 08 2012 @ 08:46 PM EST  
Les Elias

Hello to all: Our eagles like their home. They spent all winter here and most of the time they are together. Last five months they were busy repairing their nest after windy storms and also adding additional layers of branches. Their nest is getting bigger and aslso heavier. Here are pictures from their home improvement work.
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Les Elias (offline) on Thursday, March 08 2012 @ 08:58 PM EST  
Les Elias

Our eagles spend time together. They rest and eat together most of the time. They also talk together. I wish I could understand them. I can only try to read their body language. It not always looks friendly. What can you read?

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Friday, March 09 2012 @ 02:48 PM EST  
karenbills

Well, Les, I'd say that this pair look like they are going to do just fine this year. Talons crossed. Thanks for your wonderful pictures and regular reports. We were just discussing your nest this week and wondered what was happening there.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: sassyk (offline) on Friday, March 09 2012 @ 10:29 PM EST  
sassyk

Hi Les, nice to see your eagles are rebuilding their nest. Wonderful photos you've posted :thumrht: I hope they produce offspring this season and I hope to visit your area again this summer.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Les Elias (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 01:24 AM EDT  
Les Elias

A quick update: our eagles are busy, they were mating last few days, always on the same branch. It must be a Juliet's balcony. I never had enough time to get my camera.
We had a wind storm - and our eagles were busy repairing the nest when it was over.
There was a surprise visitor to the nest. I will post pictures soon.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 03:41 AM EDT  
Debs

Les thanks so much for the updates and love all your captures of this beautiful pair Wub Clapping I love it when the birds "chat" with each other and I find it interesting how they call out to each other too for various "needs" and how those calls change depending on the urgency of the situation. Sometimes when they beak each other I think Mom is reminding Dad that she is the boss Titter

Look forward to more updates Clapping

Help Us Reach Our Goal....your Nest Adoption supports the "whole of HWF not just a particular nest" its easy click on the picture above. Thank You!

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Les Elias (offline) on Monday, April 02 2012 @ 12:25 AM EDT  
Les Elias

Hello to all.
here is the update about an unexpected visitor to our eagles nest: It was Sunday afternoon. I was watching Canucks hockey game when I noticed a large bird landed in the tree. The size of the bird caught my attention. It was smaller than an eagle, but bigger than any other birds around. I ran for my camera and here are pictures of our visitor:
After a while, the visitor looked inside the nest.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:41 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate