Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Nico Wynd, Crescent Beach, BC 2011-2014 Bald Eagle Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, June 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM EDT  
JudyB

Amazing picture with the heron, Les - and a pair of handsome eaglets! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Les Elias (offline) on Saturday, June 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM EDT  
Les Elias

Our "baby" eagles are growing fast. They just eat, rest and work out. Just like this:

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Les Elias (offline) on Friday, July 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM EDT  
Les Elias

After a little scare about an eagle hit by a car... Well, it seems that our family is OK. Our youngsters have been working out all days, but I did not see them taking off to the air. Until yesterday. Golfing later in the day I noticed an eagle coming in and towards our the nest. I quickly pulled out my camera and tried to shoot. No good pictures in such a short time, but at least this one shows one of our babies in the air flying home.

I was not able to get a better close-up picture of our female to be able to read her band.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: lovethebabies (offline) on Friday, July 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM EDT  
lovethebabies

Nice pic! A few of us went out to check on your eagles yesterday, early evening after hearing from Bev at O.W.L. that an eagle had been hit by a car out your way. KarenB was worried about your eagles. We saw with much relief both adults, one in the nest tree and one in another tree close by. One of the babies was also on a branch in the nest tree (very beautiful). Be went out and looked for the eagle that was hit and there was no eagle in sight, just a couple of feathers but there was a dead bunny (roadkill) there. I hope that means the eagle was not seriously hurt and flew away. It was very nice of the lady that hit the eagle to report it. You must be thrilled to have such a beautiful pair of eagles in your back yard! As we were leaving, the baby on the nest was peeping. What a beautiful sound!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Saturday, July 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM EDT  
sassyk

I visited the lower mainland yesterday for the release of a young eagle at the Orphaned Wildlife Rahabilitation Centre in Delta. I visited the Nico Wynd eagle nest in the morning and again in the evening with a few fellow eagle watchers. Both eaglets were perched in the nest tree and one adult was perched in a nearby tree during our morning visit. Click these pics bigger.

Click on image to download

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Saturday, July 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM EDT  
sassyk

During our evening visit both eaglets were in the nest and one adult was in the same nearby tree as in the morning. As we were looking out over the golf course and the beautiful water fountain, the other adult flew over the golf course and landed in the nest tree. Click these pics bigger.

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Saturday, July 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM EDT  
sassyk

The light wasn't quite what it was earlier in the day, and the evening pics are a bit dark. One adult was perched and preening in the nearby tree, the other adult was perched beside the nest and the eaglets were up and down squawking at the adult. Click the pics bigger.

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sandra gee (offline) on Sunday, July 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM EDT  
sandra gee

I have not visited this thread before but after visiting a couple of times the past few days thought I would pop in.

Les, your photos are lovely. I especially love the one of the two little ones looking at each other (June 4th), really sweet.

Kay, your photos are lovely too, what a beautiful area this nest is in.

Les, Judy/jkr and I were with Bev and Ralph when they got the call about an adult eagle that had been hit on Hwy 99. The lady whose vehicle had struck the eagle had to go home to get O.W.L.'s nbr , then returned to help locate it. The bunny the eagle was trying to get was still on the side of the road and unfortunately it was on the inside lane near the grassy area, so no one was able to retrieve it. After being unsuccessful in locating the eagle we visited the Nico Wynd nest but did not see an adult around. On the way home we did see one adult perched atop a power pole, close the nest beside the hwy. The next morning however, Judy/jkr, sassyk and I went by the Nico Wynd nest again and this time there was an adult perched in an adjacent tree. Later in the day we stopped by again, this time an adult was perched in a tree close by and soon the other one showed up, landing on a branch close to the nest........Phew. We were all very worried, so it was a relief to see 2 on this nest and thankfully at least one on the other nest.

Sandra, Nanaimo BC
Member since Spring, 2006
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"
Song for Sean, John Lennon

Forum

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:14 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate