Forum Index > Associated Web Cameras > Hummingbird Nests
 Rosebud and chicks
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: ericpittman () on Wednesday, April 06 2011 @ 11:22 AM EDT (Read 1640 times)  
Anonymous: ericpittman

Being new to this forum comes with challenges. The obvious is how to get the images to the wbesite. This year is the first time I have streamed live video to the web and like plumbing problems in the bathroom that start with a leaky fawcet and result in you remodelling the house, things tend to get out of hand. When I finally had all the tech stuff working, the birds changed. I was filming Tweet sitting on her egg, but she ended up leaving that egg as it didn't hatch, probably because of the extreme cold we had while she was incubating. That left me without a bird to watch so I went into the woods where I found two hummingbird nests, Rosebud's and Blossom's. Blossom had one chick in the nest and was dutifully feeding it and Rosebud was sitting on two eggs. I started filming Blossom feeding her chick, Precious, and then showing the daily video on my camera feed. I could no longer show it live as I was too far away from an internet connection. The disadvantage is that it doesn't provide constant monitoring but the advantage is that I get a better image. Ironically, the day Rosebuds chicks hatched was the day Blossom's chick flew. And of course it happened while my camera was watching Rosebud.
But I guess you can't see all the miracles that happen. Now I am focussed on Rosebud and her two chicks and putting up daily loops of video to show you their progress. I hope you enjoy it.

By: Pat B (offline) on Wednesday, April 06 2011 @ 07:01 PM EDT  
Pat B

Thank you so much for that info, Eric!
Is there any chance of a photo of the general area - where the nest is?

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: wouldntyouknow () on Thursday, April 07 2011 @ 09:46 PM EDT  
Anonymous: wouldntyouknow

Hi Eric
I'm loving watching Rosebud and her chicks (as you already know!). Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate the work you have put in to this cam. Have you seen Tweet around anywhere? Just wondered if she has made a new nest and laid eggs. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to watch these hummingbirds up close!

By: gemini (offline) on Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM EST  
gemini

Cheers HWF NOW HAS ITS VERY OWN YOUTUBE VIDEO CHANNEL! Cheers

David H. has been lobbying for a place to store HWF videos that are posted on the forum so they can be easily accessed and retrieved whenever they are needed.

YOU CAN HELP with this project BY UPLOADING YOUR VIDEOS and storing them ON THE HWF CHANNEL in one of two ways:

1. Ask for one of our volunteers to help you or / to upload the video for you OR

2. Upload the video yourself by simply requesting the password for access to the HWF YouTube channel by e-mailing:

youtubeposts@hancockwildlife.org

:thumrht: iT'S JUST THAT EASY! Left thumb up

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:50 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate