Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Things That Don't Work (the way we think they should)
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Saturday, March 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM EDT  
Anonymous: slygirl

Quote by: PEB

Quote by: terrytvgal

Hi Sly,

I am greeted by that quite often as well. If I wait a few seconds (so I don't 'spam' the system) hitting send again will usually work. Just copy the post to your clipboard first in case it decides to zap all that effort to nowhere Whistling

OH yes - I second that - make sure you have a copy!! :blink:

Good thinking, Ladies :idea: Left thumb up So far I haven't lost one...hitting the back button has worked thus far. I think if you stall too long before you hit send, that signals the failure. Why, tho :dunno:

Terry - clipboard? Do you mean on my computer, or does my ''message center'' have one of those?

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, all of you! Next time I will not eat all the donuts Wink

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM EDT  
JudyB

I wanted to read David's article about egg laying to see if he mentioned absorption of the yolk before hatching - I know the chick takes the extra nutrients with it when it hatches, but don't know exactly how and was looking for details. I know the article is in Biology Reference, but when I tried to go there, I got this:
Click on image to download

I'm not very good with a mouse - I've always had trouble moving from menus to child menus without going "outside the lines" and losing the menu - but here there's a gap and I can't cross it.

Before I bother Richard with this - am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM EDT  
gemini

..... but here there's a gap and I can't cross it.

Before I bother Richard with this - am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Judy, I just gave it a try and it works for me! Maybe it's your browser that's giving you trouble???

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM EDT  
Pat B

I find those menus highly temperamental - and very touchy!!
The only trick I have found is go straight across to the submenu - only then scroll down to the one you want - any attempt to go diagonally down will have the sub menu disappear on you!!
It often ends up Quicker to go to the area and find the article yourself!!

ETA
The links haven't been put in right - when you do achieve a click on the egg laying article - it goes to Wildlife in the news - like all the others on that menu!! Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM EDT  
JudyB

Not my browser because I have the same gap between the dropdown menu and the child menu in IE and SeaMonkey, as well as in Firefox. Possibly screen resolution.
Click on image to download

Thanks for checking, gemini!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM EDT  
gemini

Okay, I just went up and tried out the other menu, All Topics and got the same response you did!

However, when I started to reply, I wanted to check something so I opened up and new window (so I wouldn't lose what I had already written) only to find that All Topics now worked!! I have tried to duplicate the problem again but couldn't! But it did happen so it is not just you!!

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM EDT  
Velma Flann

Judy - I get the same gap that you do, but I can move the mouse quickly over the gap and connect. Forgot to see where the link would take me Pat :oops:

I actually heard David on CBC radio on I believe Friday, talking to mark Forsythe about the Sidney cam and why the parents turn the egg etc. It was interesting. He did mention then that the chick uses the yolk for nourishment, but did not go into any details on that aspect.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM EDT  
Pat B

Quote by: JudyB

Not my browser because I have the same gap between the dropdown menu and the child menu in IE and SeaMonkey, as well as in Firefox. Possibly screen resolution.

Thanks for checking, gemini!

The article is HERE - I ended up doing a search!! Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:22 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate