Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Sidney BC - Bald Eagle Nests
 Sidney Eagles--Photos & Comments From Ground Observers
 |  Printable Version
By: sassyk (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 05:02 PM EST (Read 283235 times)  
sassyk

Welcome to the Sidney Eagles--Photos & Comments From Ground Observers thread. This thread is dedicated to photos and observations of the Sidney Eagles and their eaglets, taken by members who visit the area around the Sidney nests. This dedicated thread is where you will find write-ups and current photos of our beloved Ma & Pa Sidney and their offspring, in and around their nests near Pat Bay. Please refrain from chatting on this thread and keep all discussion focused on posted photos & videos of Ma & Pa Sidney.

Many of the local members visit the area on a regular basis and are happy to share their experiences and photos here on this thread for everyone to enjoy. Current photos & videos of the Sidney eagles and their eaglets, as well as comments and questions regarding these photos & videos, are welcome on this thread. Please continue to use the Sidney-Victoria Eagles+Other Wildlife thread for posting older and enhanced photos of the Sidney eagles and other wildlife in the Pat Bay area.

The Sidney-Victoria Eagles+Other Wildlife thread is where local members have previously posted their comments and photos of Ma & Pa Sidney and their eaglets, and it is exciting to now have this new thread dedicated to photos of our beloved Sidney eagles and their eaglets. After 2 years of Ma & Pa Sidney successfully raising 3 eaglets in their new nest, we are looking forward to another exciting season in 2010 and lots of new photos of the Sidney eagle family.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM EST  
sassyk

Here is a current pic of Ma & Pa Sidney that I took on February 5th, perched in one of their favourite trees at the south end of their nest property. I know that elle and Ian are planning to visit Ma and Pa today and I look forward to seeing some fantastic photos here later.
Click on image to download

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 06:53 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Oh Kay thank you so much for this thread! Wub It's a great idea and I believe after reading your guidelines for here this should keep things clear if all material must be current and not from previous seasons. It will be awesome to be able to just know what's going on around the nest today, tomorrow, next week and nothing else.

I'm thrilled and have bookmarked it for many future visits. Titter

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM EST  
Anonymous: Birdsie

SassyKay--what a good idea for a special place for these special photos and observations of the eagles. I know when you are on the ground I always want to hear about it. Last year it got crazy when Tiny was out of the nest--I felt like I had to sift through all kinds of other stuff to find what you folks were reporting. Hope it works well. Thank You

By: EastCoast (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM EST  
EastCoast

wave Kay - Very happy to see a thread we can visit and check reports and pics from ground crew. Certainly enhances the nest watching experience. Thank-you for all of your pics and reports. Love to see and read them. Wub
Excellent idea. Thank You

~ Laurie ~

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks” ~ John Muir

Forum

Durham Bridge, New
Brunswick CANADA

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM EST  
elle

Ian and I visited Ma and Pa today. It was a beautiful sunny warm afternoon and we got some pix and video which I will post here as soon as I can.
Ma and Pa are a very sweet and loving and happy couple. They were both squeaky clean after yesterday's rain. We will have an egg soon. WinkNodding yes

Click me:

MA AND PA SIDNEY ON VALENTINES DAY 2010

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM EST  
elle

In this one you can hear Ma calling in the background.

VALENTINES DAY AT THE PAT BAY CLUBHOUSE

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Terrific videos Elle!

I'm loving this thread already in a big, big way you guys Wub

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:44 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate