Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Nests with Ground Observers
 Pembroke Pines, Florida Bald Eagle Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: rosyfinch (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 08:27 AM EST (Read 6095 times)  
rosyfinch

Continuing from old Forum--

We now have three new eaglets, confirmed by video recording. First chick was 17 days old on February 9, when all three were suddenly visible over rim of nest. The largest is getting most of the food, while the second appears aggressive towards the smallest one. The two older chicks are visible in these photos, while the smallest is to the right nearest the female parent, facing away from the camera. These photos were taken on February 12:

The City of Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Steering Committee is working towards obtaining sponsors and installing a nest cam before the beginning of the 2010-2011 breeding season, by October 1, 2010.

For daily reports, visit our local nest watch page:
http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Welcome Hi rosyfinch, Glad to see you join us here and your photos are beautiful. I hope to see more.wave

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, February 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM EST  
JudyB

That first picture is stunning, rosyfinch!

And welcome to the new forum - and I'm glad to see you've got your thread up and running - and maybe a cam next year - WOW!

Thank you. love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: rosyfinch (offline) on Friday, December 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM EST  
rosyfinch

Happy to report that all three eaglets fledged successfully this past spring. The pair returned in October and started refurbishing the old nest in November. They have been mating on and near the nest the past two weeks. We are not sure whether the first egg has been laid-- one adult sat very close for three hours last week, but in the past few days there is no evident incubation activity. In the past two seasons, eggs were laid on December 13 and 18. For updates and photos visit the Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Nest Forum: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html

Also available is a spreadsheet providing key observations for the past two nesting seasons as well as those for recent activity at the nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/EagleMilestonesSheet.pdf

This is the male at roost, just after mating on nest, November 28, 2010:

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: PacNorWest (offline) on Friday, December 10 2010 @ 11:48 PM EST  
PacNorWest

Hi rosyfinch * Truly fantastic photos ! Thanks for bringing my attention to this pair and thanks for sharing your great photos.

Doug
Bellingham, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: rosyfinch (offline) on Thursday, December 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM EST  
rosyfinch

It appears that our local pair may have begun incubation on December 11-- a bit early, as the first egg was laid between the 15th and 18th in past years. This past spring they successfully reared and fledged two eaglets.

Our local eagle watch FORUM may be found here: http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-fl ... abble.com/

Here is the older of the of the two eaglets about ready to fledge in May, 2011. It is the eighth chick to fledge over the past four years that we have been monitoring this urban nest.

Here is its younger sibling just after taking its first flight.

This is the female this December 9th, just before we believe she started incubating

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Thursday, December 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM EST  
karenbills

Thanks for your beautiful nest photos and update, Ken. Any chance you will be getting a cam on your nest? We'd love to show it to our members so they would have something to watch while our northern bald eagles are away from their nests.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: rosyfinch (offline) on Friday, December 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM EST  
rosyfinch

Yes, next week we will begin trying for the third time to find support for a nest cam. It would need to be installed after May 15th, the official end of the breeding season here in Florida.

BTW, I wanted to post a summary that I have prepared in html format. Is it possible to post an entire page in html? I can do it on our local FORUM by simply selecting the format for the message, but I do not see this option here.

This is a CORRECTED link to the content I attempted to post:

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-fl ... 00386.html

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:41 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate