Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > H.W.F. News and Announcements
 David's Announcement - 2011 Calendar
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Tuesday, November 02 2010 @ 08:52 PM EDT (Read 1568 times)  
Pat B

David has asked that this be posted here Grin

Hi all: the 2011 Calendar is at last a reality!.

The Hancock Wildlife Foundation is finally getting a marvellous calendar featuring our eagles and eagle contributors -- our Content Providers images.

We had planned this going back a couple of months but with very few watching our site in the off-season, promotions seemed hopeless. The decision was made to hold off and do the calendar for 2012.

Then out of the blue came Content Provider Larry -- yes the same Larry who drove the lift as we installed the cams at Port Moody. He said he would underwrite a minimal print run, so he can give/sell them to his company co-workers. A wonderful gesture.

Of course CP Nancy had already largely pulled together all the submitted images, the 13 big and about 50 small images, and completed the wonderful design. With Larry's commitment, that meant it was now up to me to write the monthly text which I have just completed. Of course I wrote twice the amount for the space available so Nancy is again going to be challenged to edit down and fit it all together.

The end result is that my HH design coordinator is today getting the final specs from the printer and with the provision it be printed by November 19 so we have it available for the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival. Wonderful to get this all together -- thanks Nancy, all the contributors and Larry.

We, of course still have few web followers due to the season but for those hearing of this, we will be making the calendar available until Nov. 14 at $14.95 + $4.00 h&s in US or Canadian dollars. This will be a great, if brief fundraiser, and show the way to doing an annual Foundation calendar featuring our eagles and our Content Providers work.

All the calendars will be shipped out the following week. Since we will only print the pre-sold numbers you will have only a short time to order these beautiful calendars. What memories these images bring back.

Nancy is preparing a preview of the calendar and perhaps the entire view of it for mounting on the web so you can see the spectacular images. (Link coming)

Again thanks all and I hope you all enjoy this informative effort.

Regards
David Hancock

PS The next year's -- 2012 calendar -- will be composed from images taken from the 2011 nesting season by our CPs -- so start thinking about getting some additional great images of our eagles in your area. While we will hopefully have images from all the pairs covered by our cams we will also accept images from around NA taken by our Content Providers at all sites.

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Sunday, November 07 2010 @ 10:27 AM EST  
eaglet999

Hi All! :hello: I'd like to thank everyone for their gorgeous photos and screen caps of our beloved eagle familiesRed Heart. It was fun putting the calendar together; and I hope that you all enjoy it.

Thank you everyone who helped me out with this endeavor - answering my bazillion questions, getting holiday/event calendar dates, higher-res photos, etc. - David, Larry (for making it possible with his generous donationSitting eagle), Linda, Harry, Martin, Doug, Frank, Terry, Judy - and especially Karen and Debs for their patience and immense help (I'm sure they were ready to Bash computer when they saw an email from me!). Special kudos to Debs also for her tireless running around the forum with Santa promoting the calendar and her proofreading the final. Clapping. It's been a whirlwind to get this to the printer this week in time for printing for the FVBEF! Don't Panic So I hope I didn't leave anyone out, if so, I'm really sorry, but do know that I appreciate it!

Thank YouThank YouThank You
Red Heart
Nancy

Forum

Profile     PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Sunday, November 07 2010 @ 03:59 PM EST  
sassyk

:hello:Nancy, I'd like to say many thanks for all the time and effort you have put in to make the calendar happenThank You

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, November 07 2010 @ 06:44 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: sassyk

:hello:Nancy, I'd like to say many thanks for all the time and effort you have put in to make the calendar happenThank You

I very much second that Grin
I am so going to look forward to this calendar when it comes
Thank You

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:53 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate