Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM EST  
Janet Krupa

Sorry Cindy - thought it was Pete -- my mind is playing tricks on me, these days.
Bobcat - I am so glad you are the caregiver for that gorgeous animal. I cannot imagine being near to a loved pet while they have a heart attack! My thoughts are with you.

Also - if being a mini couch potatoe is what will make you all better, so be it!

Avatar???? Hmmm, now I must check on that, too! LOL

Hugs,

Jan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM EST  
vickrb

Cindy - yes they had another one 6.1 and last week it was 7. They could still have more. Fortunately there was no new damage done. Guess there is not too much to go down any more. Not a nice situation and we here in Cayman are thanking our lucky starss and counting our blessings for sure.

Back to work now. Oh and the Avatar is done through the Accounts Section and then to About You.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 01:27 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Hi Cindy, Jan and Vicki wave

You made it Cindy,:clap2:. As for the avatar. I know I did it, but can't even remember how I did it. :slap: I remember that it wasn't to hard though. I feel like such a dunce sometimes. FrustrationFrustration

Hi Ho, Jan. Well so far my day is going pretty good and I've seen the sun also. Grin

Oh, Vicki, I keep forgetting to tell you how pretty those conch shells are. I think if I lived there I would constantly be combing the beaches. Roll eyes

I just came across this you tube and thought everyone would be interested in it. I haven't listened to it as I'm waiting for people to leave the office. Don't Panic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv-rdCKJv24

Elaine

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Hello to the Beat!!!! i just popped in to see if anyone was having any problems and to say hi! Jan and Cindy - to do an avatar here, go to Account Settings right above the sign in, top right of the page. Click About Me. here an avatar is called "photo" which throws some off thinking it's a picture of them Smile Avatars can be 100 x 100 here.

Good Luck! I'll check back later to see if you have any questions. Also, if you are only seeing 5 posts per page, that can be changed, as well as how long the forum "remembers" you so you don't have to sign in each time. If you need that information please ask love

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM EST  
Janet Krupa

ok Velma - Thanks for your help - now how do I get more than five posts per page?
Jan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM EST  
vickrb

Elaine - yes the Conch shells are beautiful. These two are in my nephew's yard. Most Caymanians line their sidewalks (which are sand paths) with conch shells and every Christmas they go out and get new sand and new conch shells to put it.They get the materials on Christmas Eve Day and then Christmas Morning the whole family gets together to spread everything. I have one that has been carved. I will try to get a picture of it this weekend.

i hope we will get more posters soon. Seems like some people are missing yet. I miss the old forum some. :cry1:Guess we will get used to this one soon enough.

We have had great weather today. Haiti had another quake this morning at 6.1. Glad they go north from there and not down out way.:whew:

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Quote by: Janet Krupa

ok Velma - Thanks for your help - now how do I get more than five posts per page?
Jan

Hi Jan. Go to Account Settings, and in the white bar, on the right side - click Forum Preferences. In the form that pops up you will see Topics per page and Posts per page. They are set at 5. Change those numbers to 25. Then click Save Information. Now it will look more like we are used toClapping

For the Forum to remember you for more than 8 hrs. While you are in Account Settings, go to User Name and Password. You will see part way down the form - Remember me for: The forum is preset at 8hrs. You can change this to 1 month. To make it effective though, you must put your email in current email, then click save information.

Of course, if you actually Log out of the site you will have to log in again. However, if you just close the web site, you will be signed in next time you open the site.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 08:48 AM EST  
Janet Krupa

Thank you, Velma. I think I have it now!

BTW everyone, I had an e-mail from Starr - she's going to be popping in to visit us soon!

Have a great Thursday all,

Jan wave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:54 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate