Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > H.W.F. News and Announcements
 Images Needed for 2011 Bald Eagle Calendar
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, September 03 2010 @ 06:52 AM EDT (Read 3353 times)  
JudyB

[I have edited David's post below slightly after consultation with Karen; my additions/clarifications are in purple. Please also see the following post which has additional details. Thanks - and I can't wait to see the calendar! ~JudyB]

From David Hancock:

A Bald Eagle Calendar is in the offing!

A History of the Live Eagle CAMs - 2006 thru 2010 by the Content Providers

This will be a publication of the Hancock Wildlife Foundation. It will feature the work of our Content Providers and screen captures. Probably price: $9.95 to $14.95 full color -- hopefully the lower!

This begs the question of where do we get some exciting images. Some thoughts:

1) High Res Images: We would want some high quality high resolution images just of eagles from our Content Providers. We want to cover the entire season -- from nest building to fledging -- October to August and of all years. The fish cams will give another dimension -- in addition to being eagle food!

These can be images from any of the regions covered by the CPs threads. This would include Vancouver Isl., Chehalis-Harrison, Haines, AK, Delta-Richmond, Washington state or any of the other U.S. -- Canada areas where we have CPs reporting. All your eagles are welcome! If we have a mention of a nest or area in one of the threads then that area or birds qualify.

2) The best Screen Captures: These lower res images will be used small but will help tell the story. We could start by filling in each square on the calendar not devoted to a date in that month. This would enable us to cover the full breeding season and cover all the birds we know so well. Again, if we have a thread on this or have used these captures on a thread then they qualify.

For all images:

Please send the images with captions that include the:
a) location,
b) date image originally collected.
c) photographer or Screen capturer [real name, not screen name]
d) some < 10 words on what is happening -- if applicable.

Send to:

"David - 2011 Calendar Shots" <david@hancockwildlife.org>

Just copy the address above, quotes and funny symbols and all, and paste it into the "To" line of your email program - apparently his email client is set up so he can sort on that field, so any pictures not sent that way may not be seen immediately. Please also cc Karen - karen@hancockwildlife.org so she can help with the project.

Thoughts:

Any suggestions would be appreciated. A selection of fine misc. eagle shots would also be appreciated for this purpose.

While I am posting this note to the web with the traffic being minimal at this time of the season, I will also send it out to a few earlier contributors. Please pass this along to any of the CPs.

This is the Content Providers Calendar -- so it is up to you.

Thanks,

David Hancock

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, September 03 2010 @ 07:11 AM EDT  
JudyB

[Note: I've edited this post - it was initially a list of questions about the project, and now that I've heard back from Karen, I'm changing it to an "additional info" post. ~JudyB]

Additional Information for Photographers/S'Cappers:

All photographs and screenshots must be emailed to David at the address above, with a cc to Karen. I'm afraid we don't have the time to review files mailed on a CD or thumb drive.

We know that photos of a high enough resolution to print calendar quality at calendar size can be huge, so if you are sending pictures over 5-6 MB, we recommend sending one per email. If you are sending smaller pictures or screenshots, we recommend the total size per email be under 10 MB.

We are hoping to establish a backlog of pictures that can be used to fill in the gaps in future calendars or other HWF projects, so are requesting permission to keep your pictures on file for potential future use. If that is a concern, please check with David and Karen.

Screenshots must be from our primary cameras - Sidney, Lafarge, Delta 1, Delta OWL, and Chehalis. (Note that the pictures do not need to be from this year - so we can use some of the great s'caps from previous years at Sidney and the other cams.)

Please send your pictures and screenshots as soon as possible - we don't have a firm deadline - but it would be great if we could get a good selection of pictures in the next few days.

Thank you!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 03 2010 @ 07:19 AM EDT  
jkr

What is the cut-off date for submissions ? I'm assuming the calendar would go on sale before the end of November for the new year and would have to be compiled and printed before that.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, September 04 2010 @ 02:22 AM EDT  
terrytvgal

AS screen captures can be submitted, could we please make sure a few of Wendy's are submitted? And someof Bunnybits' too. I am sure that they would be a welcome addition and promote sales.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, September 04 2010 @ 08:11 AM EDT  
jkr

Quote by: terrytvgal

AS screen captures can be submitted, could we please make sure a few of Wendy's are submitted? And someof Bunnybits' too. I am sure that they would be a welcome addition and promote sales.

Terry, I've gone through all of Wendy's and gathered approx a dozen of the clearest ones that I will send to David.
Bunnybits has an album but there are no screen captures in it. Puzzled They seem to all be personal pictures of trips, etc. I was sure she had done screen captures but maybe not.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Saturday, September 04 2010 @ 11:38 AM EDT  
Diana-gogee

Hi, I am not sure if Starr ( ELFNYC) knows about this, she has great scaps of our Sidney eagles, specially Skye.
Maybe someone can PM her about it.

We shall overcome and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, September 04 2010 @ 01:19 PM EDT  
JudyB

Good suggestions! Please do let other folks know about this thread - and our urgent need for pictures and s'caps. Thanks! Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, September 04 2010 @ 02:38 PM EDT  
Debs

According to Karenb...David would like to start selling the calendars October 1 so the sooner the better!!!

May you embrace all the "blessings and gifts" that surround you in your life ... let your spirit soar :-)

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:10 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate