Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Chaster Beach Eagle Nest on the Strait of Georgia, Gibsons BC on the Sunshine Coast 2017-2018
 |  Printable Version
By: stim (offline) on Tuesday, September 12 2017 @ 04:16 PM EDT (Read 35 times)  
stim

Welcome to this nest site. The nest tree is on private property on Chaster Beach on the Strait of Georgia in Gibsons, BC.
Just follow Gower Point Rd out of Gibsons until you drive onto Beach Esplanade. The nest tree is upside of the road about 2/3 of the way along The Esplanade.
This is a well established nest, over 25 years old according to people who live there.
We've been following nest activity here since 2011. Please feel free to submit pictures, or just drop in to say hi and tell us of any eagle activity you see if you visit this nest site.
We only saw 1 eaglet in the nest this year, a lovely big eaglet, and were told of a successful fledge on or around July 20.

History:

2011 not being used
2012 July, 2 eaglets seen fledged
2013 2 eaglets seen Prince & Abby
2014 Jan 5 one adult seen. Eaglets ? I met a neighbour who lives nearby who told me that the young are heard in the morning and evening.
2015 1 eaglet, 1 seen after fledging
2016 2 eaglets Pico and Elusive fledged
2017 1 eaglet seen flying on or around July 20

Pa is banded. Every year since 2011 we get confirmation he has returned by sighting the band and one day we hope to get the number for David H to check a bit of Pa's history.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Tuesday, September 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM EDT  
stim

Reserved

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Tuesday, September 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM EDT  
stim

Reserved

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate