Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Mabel Rd/9th St Bald Eagle Nest, on the Strait of Georgia, Sunshine Coast, Gibsons BC 2017-2018
 |  Printable Version
By: stim (offline) on Monday, September 11 2017 @ 06:27 PM EDT (Read 51 times)  
stim

Welcome to our nest. It sits on private property between Mabel Rd and 9th St to the left off Gower Point Rd as you leave Gibsons. Please post any pictures or information you wish to share if you visit here.
As one leaves the Chaster Beach area towards Gibsons Mabel Rd is only the second street to the right along Gower Point Rd. The 2 territories must be side by side. I would say there is a good chance that the Larson Rd. nest territory could abut on the other side.
The nest can be seen from the top of 9th St. or the bottom of Mabel Rd or along Ocean Beach Esplanade on the waterfront.
I was told by a neighbour who has lived there for 5 years that the nest was in use when she got there.
Last summer I was informed that 2 youngsters had safely fledged, were scavenging on the beach.
This year we spied 2 eaglets in the nest until June 29. After that the nest seemed to slowly slip away until the lone eaglet was found branching in the nest tree with hardly any nest left on July 26.

2016...2 eaglets fledged
2017...2 eaglets to start but as of the end of June only 1 was observed, branching by the end of July with hardly any nest left in the tree. Sad

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, September 11 2017 @ 06:28 PM EDT  
stim

Reserved

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, September 11 2017 @ 06:28 PM EDT  
stim

Reserved

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:08 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate