Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM EDT (Read 11871 times)  
Pat B

Hancock Wildlife Foundation Event
Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival November 20 - 21, 2010

Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival
When: Sat 20 Nov 09:00AM - Sun 21 Nov 03:00PM
Event Type: Eagle Festival
Where: Leq’a:mel Community Hall
43101 Leq’a:mel Way
Deroche, BC
Description: Discover the Valley of the Eagles

The enormously popular Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival takes place the third weekend in November in perhaps the most biologically diverse and important areas in British Columbia. Deep in the heart of “Sasquatch Country” you will find North America’s third largest gathering of bald eagles. The raptors are drawn to the area by the millions of spawning salmon that travel up the Fraser River to tributaries such as the Harrison River. The estuary is also home to incredible wildlife such as trumpeter swans, ducks, seal, bear, coyote, deer and the great white sturgeon.
From Mission to Chilliwack, many exciting venues offer excellent eagle watching opportunities and a range of activities and adventures that include jet boat eco-river tours; a Chehalis River walking tour; a diverse abundance of local wildlife; environmental presentations, naturalists and interpreters; historic and ancient aboriginal sites; displays by local artists; and lots of hands on activities and entertainment. To Learn More visit their website:

Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival November 20 - 21, 2010 Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival November 20 - 21, 2010

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Monday, November 01 2010 @ 03:31 AM EDT  
urban Eagle

:hello:Hello fellow eagle lovers.Made a trip up the Harrison river on sat,In prep. for the FVBEF The eagles are coming fast and hungrey, There is already lots of dead samon for them to feed on.Just a little taste of what you will see....
L
Click on image to download
I would say there is at least 2 to 3 hundred eagles if not more already on the river
P.S. the 2011 calender is a go (limited number so get your order in now)
Sitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Port Moody

Profile Email   PM

By: fraserriversafar (offline) on Monday, November 01 2010 @ 03:39 PM EDT  
fraserriversafar

Hello friends,

Festival update, the full line up of festival events can be found on the website now www.fraservalleybaldeaglefestival.ca . You can view the PDF of the printable program also.

This year we have 4 eagle viewing sites, 8 activity sites and a line up of great speakers.

On a side note, we had a tour yesterday into the Chehalis Estuary and there were approx 500 eagles feeding, resting and soaring in the area. It was amazing.

Hope to see you all come out to the 2010 Festival, our theme is " We are all Connected". This years picture is taken by Lyle Stafford
Pake sure you let us know what we did well and what you would like to see in 2011

Cheers!

Jo-Anne (Fraser River Safari and Festival Chair)
"Bald is Beautiful"

Jo-Anne Chadwick
Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival Nov 20-21,2010
www.fraserriversafari.com

Forum

Profile Email Website PM

By: fraserriversafar (offline) on Saturday, November 13 2010 @ 09:50 PM EST  
fraserriversafar

Good evening!

Only one week to the festival now. I am extremely happy to report that there were well over 1000 eagles in the Estuary today and approx 500 eagles between Mission and Harrison Mills. We had a wonderful trip with David Hancock and Karen Bills and 17 other guests from all over the Lower Mainland, San Diego and even from Australia!

There were quite a few fish jumping in the Harrison and sockeye in the river too! Can't wait to go up the river again. Here are a couple of pictures I managed to snap today.

Cheers, Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne Chadwick
Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival Nov 20-21,2010
www.fraserriversafari.com

Forum

Profile Email Website PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Sunday, November 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM EST  
soph9

I went out to the Festival today....despite the frigid weather I was able to see hundreds of eagles and Trumpeter Swans. The eagles were not really hanging out on the flats, they seemed more interested in flying around, trilling and having a great time flying with the thermals. I made a video and of course I do not have a supper zoom cam and I used my digital camera for the video portion as well. So no real close ups but at the end of the video/slide show listen closely you can hear some trilling and calling out. Video is uploading but here are some pics...

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Sunday, November 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM EST  
soph9

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Monday, November 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM EST  
soph9

Here's my little video/slideshow of my trip out to the Fraser Valley Eagle Festival....

EAGLES EVERYWHERE Click here

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Debs (offline) on Monday, November 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM EST  
Debs

Good evening FVBEF :hello:

Soph :hello: Your video is awesome!!

Larry :hello: Was nice meeting you!!
Joanne :hello: I cannot wait to book my next tour with you and Rob your tours are the very best! Two trips in one week and I am already wanting to book again..wish I had more time!

I attended the FVBEF on Saturday and Sunday.

I also took my two nieces on the boat tour on Saturday, November 20! Joanne and Rob had a wee bit of trouble getting the boat to us...but they did it and with grace too!! The trip was outstanding despite the white caps and the wind. David narrated the trip Left thumb up and it was very informative as usual Smile Their were bald eagles literally everywhere and many were shielding themselves from the wind but some
posed perfectly for us from the flats (or so it seemed Smile anyway).

Pictures to follow later.

May you embrace all the "blessings and gifts" that surround you in your life ... let your spirit soar :-)

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:48 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate