Forum Index > Associated Web Cameras > South African Black Eagle Nest
 Black Eagle Project - 2012 - South Africa
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, May 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM EDT  
nightowl

Howdy Judy and cococat! :hello:

The s'caps are great, you two! Grin You guys seem to get them while it's daylight there. YAY!

cococat, the eggs were first spotted in the nest April 27, and they hatch after 44-45 days, so somewhere around June 11 the first one should hatch. Probably earlier though...I don't think anyone knows for sure when Emoyeni laid them. (there was a false alarm a few days ago )

Judy, you could hear Emoyeni? Clapping How great is that? This year is the first year we've had sound, and I don't remember what they sound like. I do remember from the sound bite I posted...somewhere...they don't sound anything like a Bald Eagle. I've kept the sound off so far, but maybe I should turn it up so I can hear them! Nodding yes

7:54PM Eagle sleeping...Shh

Click on image to download

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, May 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM EDT  
nightowl

MONDAY, MAY 29, 2012

Good morning! wave

I didn't realize the cam had PTZ capabilities! One minute I was watching Emoyeni brooding, then POW! A shot of the waterfalls! Clapping This is such a treat to get to see what's around there!

7:14AM CAT

The nest is just to the left of the waterfall. See all those sticks flowing over the rocks? That's the nest and you can see Emoyeni in it. Left thumb up

ETA...

I think they're having issues with the cam. It moves then freezes and stalls. BUT we're getting to see more of their surroundings!

7:25AM CAT

ETA again...

I think this is below the nest judging by what looks like poop shoots on the rock facing.

7:31AM CAT

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, May 29 2012 @ 01:48 AM EDT  
nightowl

The cam seems to have stopped panning around and is staying on the nest now.

7:40 AM CAT Emoyeni is tucked and sound asleep. Sleepy

7:42AM CAT Something must have woke her up, but it looks like she's about to do a beak plant into the nest!

I've got the sound up, but all I can hear is the waterfalls...and the ad.

I"m thinking this must be the most tempermental cam. About every 5 minutes I have to refresh it cause I get that 'play again' with the arrow in the middle of the screen. :dunno: THEN I get a replay of the same ad I've seen for about a kazillion times. Roll eyes

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, May 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM EDT  
nightowl

Well, I'm thinking there must be presets on the cam for the panning sequences. I was ready to get a s'cap of Emoyeni doing a leg/wing stretch and a shot of the eggs, when it zoomed to the waterfall, then the further out shot. If there'd been a zoomie controlling the cam, I think they would have stayed on the nest till Emoyeni laid back down. But, I could be all wet and there is a real person panning around. Chin It just seems it's happening at certain time intervals.

ETA...

8:13AM CAT I heard Emoyeni calling...barely. I had to turn the sound WAY up to hear the faint sound. I think the waterfall must drown out their voices. :ds:

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, May 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM EDT  
nightowl

I keep having to refresh about every 5 minutes, and I'm tired of looking at up to see either the spinning circle of doom or the 'play again' arrow. Every time I refresh, I see the same ad...Always Maxi Pads. :ds:

Anyway...

8:28AM CAT They must have put the sunglasses on the cam...it's not as washed out looking as earlier. Cool Emoyeni brooding and checking things out.

OK, I'm out for a few hours. Out

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, May 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM EDT  
nightowl

This was posted below the cam within the last hour or so...

Emoyeni (The Black Eagle) is currently sitting on her 2 eggs which are expected to hatch sometime in the next 7 days.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Carole (offline) on Tuesday, May 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM EDT  
Carole

:hello: Nightowl.
Wow how lucky you were to capture a PTZ session of sorts. I am going to try to remember to log in late at night to see if I can get some different action.
I too am having troubles with the cam this morning and found myself watching a frozen picture of Emoyeni. When I refresh (which I have tried different ways) it says cam is off line.

4:19pm

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: Carole (offline) on Tuesday, May 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM EDT  
Carole

Woo Hoo!!...Caught some zoom action. I went click crazy. Emoyeni showed signs of calling out but even with the volume way up I was not able to hear anything but the waterfall.

5:25 CAT...

5:27..beautiful

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:31 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate