Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM EST  
JudyB

The old forum doesn't have sigh sign or :giggle: - and with luck as we figure more things out, we'll be using :giggle: more and sigh sign less.

I keep hopping from computer to computer, making it hard for me to try the "stay logged in" feature - it does seem to be not working for a number of people - is it working for some of you? And if so, which browser do you use?

Regarding the cams, the primary cam pages have more features and a bigger view - but a couple of those features lead to their being blocked on a number of computers (including mine at work); there may be some settings that will let you see them - but removing all ad blockers and pop up blockers, for instance, does increase the risk that your computer could be infected by an ad buried in an apparently innocuous ad. Some people (including me at work) have more luck viewing the mini-cams or the 2-up and 4-up pages; you don't need to watch all the cams on a page - just click the play button on the one you want to see and adjust your browser to hide the others.

Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: RobertIA (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM EST  
RobertIA

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones. I have only had to log in once shortly after this got started. Since then, I have not had any problems and am able to get on and off without logging in. Don't know what will happen when I get to the end of the 30 days. I am using Mozilla Foxfire version 3.5.7 and have a host of other issues in navigating around the site. I am working with screen captures to show the problems, error messages, and questions, but as of yet, many of the problems are not consistant, meaning some have stopped and others have varying error messages, and are appearing in different places randomly.

I will have some posts in the days ahead as I do further tests and can more clearly identify the problems.

Bob

ETA: I am using Windows XP professional with SP3 installed and regularly update for patches and improvements.

ETA2: Largest problem is not your fault - my ISP is only providing intermittent service lately and when 6:00 PM CST hits, service will go down until normally 3:00 AM the following morning. Occasionally there will be service for short periods of time during the outage, but I can't depend on it.

Natural beauty is always the best, in nature and in women.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Bluee () on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM EST  
Anonymous: Bluee

Quote by: JudyB

The old forum doesn't have sigh sign or :giggle: - and with luck as we figure more things out, we'll be using :giggle: more and sigh sign less.

I keep hopping from computer to computer, making it hard for me to try the "stay logged in" feature - it does seem to be not working for a number of people - is it working for some of you? And if so, which browser do you use?

Firefox cause was told it was better. Can log in now and post

Regarding the cams, the primary cam pages have more features and a bigger view - but a couple of those features lead to their being blocked on a number of computers (including mine at work); there may be some settings that will let you see them - but removing all ad blockers and pop up blockers, for instance, does increase the risk that your computer could be infected by an ad buried in an apparently innocuous ad. Some people (including me at work) have more luck viewing the mini-cams or the 2-up and 4-up pages; you don't need to watch all the cams on a page - just click the play button on the one you want to see and adjust your browser to hide the others.

With AOL i never had to change anything. Got Firefox and for a few days was able to view the cams... yesterday that changed.

It is really not a good idea for anyone to have to change to less protection on their computers to view one website. What worked two days ago, without any changes on my end, should not have changed ???

Bet you are tired of seeing my name. Whistling

Thanks!

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM EST  
Velma Flann

I'm using Vista and Firefox, and have no problems with either the Forum or the Cams. At first I had problems with staying logged in with the 1 month setting, but that was because I had not read carefully enough and put in my current password before clicking save information. Several others that were having a problem discovered the same thing. Once they had entered their password, there was no further problem.

Not sure if this will help someoneSmile

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM EST  
JudyB

Quote by: Bluee

Bet you are tired of seeing my name. Whistling
Thanks!

I love your little blue avatar! love

And we need a variety of people using a variety of computers and browsers to give us feedback so we know what works and what doesn't.

Thank you. Left thumb up

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Velma, that is an interesting hint!! I did not have to register for this forum as I have a MG account from 'way back' Left thumb up It seems to make sense to me that in order to be remembered, the system needs something to look for when you log in.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 08:53 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

I tried deleting one of my posts and couldn't find the delete button. I thought I had followed the instructions but I guess I just don't get it Whistling Please help!

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: AnniesKatz

I tried deleting one of my posts and couldn't find the delete button. I thought I had followed the instructions but I guess I just don't get it Whistling Please help!

My suggestion would be to edit your thread and write DELETE on it and one of the Forum Assistants can delete it for you.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate