Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM EDT  
jkr

scylla, if it shows in the "out box" that means the person you sent it too hasn't opened your message yet.
It's odd that it's not showing in your "sent box" at the same time. Sorry, I really don't know why that would be unless it's been deleted from that box.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 09:50 AM EDT  
JudyB

Hi again, scylla!

Messages stay in your Outbox until the recipient opens them, at which point they move to Sent. So it's possible that the person you are contacting hasn't realized you've sent them a PM (not everyone sees the "you have private messages" link, or knows what it means).

It's also possible that the recipient has notifications turned on, in which case the forum forwards a copy of their PMs via email so they can read it there. And it is possible that they are trying to reply to that email, which unfortunately won't work, and may not tell them that it's not working. I just tried replying to one of my notifications and it doesn't tell you that the reply doesn't go anywhere.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: scylla (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 11:02 AM EDT  
scylla

Thank you, jkr and JudyB Smile

I wouldn't have expected the recipient to have seen the message when I was checking my boxes, I was a bit premature as I was trying to check that it had been sent.

And another thing - over the past few days I've stopped getting notifications of forum posts - as I am strapped for resources this year I can't watch the nest Cry I am reliant on Wskrs' videos and reports and it's very handy having them delivered. I haven't changed my settings.

If you can't immediately think of a reason for that, I'll just have to buck up and read the forum! Smile

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM EDT  
JudyB

We have a new thread for the new season, scylla, so I think you'll need to go to that thread and click notifications. Hopefully that will get things going for you.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: scylla (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2016 @ 04:43 PM EDT  
scylla

Thank you, Judy Smile

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:17 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate