Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM EST  
nightowl

I don't know if I should put this here or in Technical problems, but here goes.

When somone posts 2 pics vertically, the pages spreads out so far, I can't see anything on the right of the screen. The ads cover up everything, and even the text goes off the right side...mid sentence.

Example...

Click on image to download

There is no option to scroll over to the right either, so it's impossible to read.

ALSO, when I tile 2 windows vertically to watch a cam, when I go to post a reply, the ads cover up alot of the reply box. I CANNOT see what I'm typing. I tried tiling them horizonally, but it's not comfortable, and it shrinks the cam.

While right now it's frustrating (to say the least), there's not much action on any of the cams. BUT when the nests become active, it's going to be next to impossible to post observations if you can't even see the reply box.

I have a 20" LCD monitor, but it's not a wide screen. I'm not sure even that would help.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:57 PM EST  
nightowl

I forgot to add that when my windows are tiled, and trying to post a reply, the 'file' button is also hidden under the ads. To get to it, I have to maximize the screen to post a s'cap...or else type the file tags in manually. Which is a total pain if you're trying to get a s'cap in quickly. Also, you miss any action on the cams. :rant:

I think by the s'cap you can tell that my reply box is about half hidden.

Click on image to download

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 02:18 AM EST  
terrytvgal

I feel your pain Nightowl... I don't know if anyone ever thought to check and see what happened to the posting window when the browser window was resized. It was this size when I began posting here, and as I always put cam on top and posting window below, I haven't encountered your problem. I can say though that there seems to be more than one thing that causes the ads to impinge on the forum space.

Humm, I have been trying and I can't get the ads to get in the way.... perhaps it is because I am trying to resize the window with the posting window already open. I'm going to try something else.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 02:29 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: yalitldevl

Hi again wave

Message body is too far from format choices.

When emoticons are added the post jumps back behind where you put it, so you have to scroll to get back where you were.[/i]

Those last two are particularly annoying so I hope somehow the body of the message can be moved up by those at least 7 empty lines and the jumping back part fixed.

As I understand it, it's the emoticons that are 'pushing' the the formatting tools up so far from the posting window. It's hoped that at some point there will be a pop up box for a bunch of them like on the other forum and the problem will be fixed. I wonder if we could do with fewer smilies until the pop up box gets done...

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 02:36 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Well, Nightowl, I can't seem to get the ads to impinge on the posting window at the moment. wonder if there was something else going on to cause it and you were caught in the 'crossfire'.

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 02:54 AM EST  
nightowl

Quote by: terrytvgal

Well, Nightowl, I can't seem to get the ads to impinge on the posting window at the moment. wonder if there was something else going on to cause it and you were caught in the 'crossfire'.

Thanks for trying Terry. I just tried again, same result. I'm not techie enough to know what to try next. :dunno: I do know I'm at my wit's end with it. Surely I'm not the only one all this is happening to though. What should be fun and relaxing, isn't anymore. Sad

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM EST  
nightowl

Now that I think about it, I've always had trouble with the ads in the Media Gallery imposing themselves.

When I'd click on Boonibarb's pic links to see them bigger, the ads would cover the right side of the pics. That wasn't a problem most of the time though, cause I could scroll up, down, and sideways to see what I wanted to see. NOW it's a problem. I can't scroll around them.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM EST  
jkr

Quote by: nightowl

I don't know if I should put this here or in Technical problems, but here goes.

When somone posts 2 pics vertically, the pages spreads out so far, I can't see anything on the right of the screen. The ads cover up everything, and even the text goes off the right side...mid sentence.

I have a 20" LCD monitor, but it's not a wide screen. I'm not sure even that would help.

niteowl
I tried various things to replicate what your page looks like. What I found is that if I increase the text too much part of the posting window will go behind the right side bar.
Have you zoomed in the text ? If so, can you zoom it back out and see if that might make a difference ?

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:01 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate