Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: RobertIA (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM EST  
RobertIA

When working in my account, "about you", what is the purpose of home page? Every entry when save is done says "Spam detected - post deleted" So for now will leave blank.

Bob

Natural beauty is always the best, in nature and in women.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Okay couple issues…

First have any of you guys tried to send somebody a pic in a PM? If not give it a go. There’s nothing there except the img button which means you’d have to first upload it to the gallery then insert the link to it in between the img img which is no good. More people don’t have albums than do

Second issue… when I click on my pics or anyone elses’ they open in a new window and are not full size. Also no good NO

Any ideas on either?

Bob Byebye the avatars here are bigger so you can make yours bigger here so it’s not pixilated (blurry) Just thought I’d tell you. I think it can go up to 65 KB. Mine is 250x250 I think. The old site was 80x80 so if you use the same one it blurs

I miss our normal hello wave we had, any chance of it being added?

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Me again Titter

Never mind about the size of the pics here. We have to click on them once to open them in the other window then you have to click on them again to get them full size. I don't know if you all knew that but you do now and so do I LOL

I'm down to the PM attachment question then

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: yalitldevl

Me again Titter

Never mind about the size of the pics here. We have to click on them once to open them in the other window then you have to click on them again to get them full size. I don't know if you all knew that but you do now and so do I LOL

I'm down to the PM attachment question then

hi Lori!! I am Pretty Sure 'attachments in PM's' is on Richard's to do list. If he can't do it it will be passed on to the Geeklog folks to work on.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: RobertIA

When working in my account, "about you", what is the purpose of home page? Every entry when save is done says "Spam detected - post deleted" So for now will leave blank.

Bob

Hi Bob, This software has a very 'proactive' approach to anything it decides might be spam, and will block url's it is 'suspicious' of. JudyB, PEB or JKR can add your homepage url to the 'whitelist' so you can use it.

As an experiment, I put my facebook page in as my 'Homepage' and it accepted it. I took it out again, but the feature does work.

If you apply url tags around the website addresses you have in your signature they will become live links.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Bluee () on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 09:11 PM EST  
Anonymous: Bluee

Wow, I'm on a roll. This time when I went to see the cams there was a little blue icon in the center where the start button is... It is to download Adobe Flash Player... After the download the cams showed up! :clap2:

By: RobertIA (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 09:14 PM EST  
RobertIA

Thanks Terry,

I will check this week when I have time and see if they will allow or just do what you suggest for them in the signature area. Either will work for me. I am prepared to remove them if there are objections. Admittedly this is advertising for those that are interested in the topics, but not essential.

Bob

Natural beauty is always the best, in nature and in women.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM EST  
JudyB

Not necessarily in order:

If anyone gets the Spam message - please use the Back button (which will at least sometimes get you back to the message that triggered the alert. Copy the entire message to your clipboard (CTRL-A to highlight everything, CTRL-C to copy), and send it in an email to us at forumadmin@hancockwildlife.org. We'll add any links to the forum whitelist, and you should be good to go.

Note that if one person has enough links to a certain website that it triggers the spam alert, no one else will be able to post a link to it until we clear it - so please do take a minute to let us know.

Thanks! Grin

~~~~~

I'll make sure attachments in PMs is on the to-do list

~~~~~

Avatars here can be 100 x 100 pixels

~~~~~

Lori - this one? wave

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:30 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate