Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: cockatiel (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM EST  
cockatiel

Okay, here's my question. When I log on, my user name and password show up as it should, black circles. But when I do log in it states my password is not correct until I retype it. Then it will take my log in. When I go to "account settings" there is the change password thingy shows up, you know where it says "previous" and then put in new and retype it.
On top of the computer where it shows up as part of the computer, it states "remember changed password" or "do not". Do I do anything with that?
Also, where it states how long should it remember me it goes up to 1 month. What do I do with that?
At least I can make it in.
I hope I described my dilemma correctly. I'm the kind where I have to read things 20times over and still scratch my head. Puzzled

Candy

Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans

CANDACE DIED IN OCT. 2016. SHE WAS A FAITHFUL DONOR AND SUPPORTED OF OUR EAGLE CAMS. ALTHOUGH SHE RARELY POSTED IN THE CAM THREADS, SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE EAGLEHOLICS ANONYMOUS THREAD. SHE WILL BE MISSED.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM EST  
nightowl

I can answer this one! If I can just explain it right is the question. Here's what happened...

At one point, when you typed in your password, the pop up came up and asked if you wanted to remember it, and you must have said yes, but you mispelled the password. Your computer saved it for you, so when you log in, it automatically puts in your incorrect password. Are ya following me? (I only know cause I've done it)

What you need to do is, retype in your correct password, then when the pop up comes up asking if you want to save it, say yes. Next time you try to log in, the correct pasword will automatically be put in for you.

Hope my attempt at an explanation helps you , cockatiel. (I understood exactly what you were saying)

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Bluee () on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM EST  
Anonymous: Bluee

Hi again. I just tried to add my sig line and when I went to save it a warning came up that SPAM was detected and post deleted ??? So guess now I will see if any of what I did to update my setting worked. Oh, I can't get to the cams with Firefox. I need to write down the message I got.

edit... nope my sig didn't come through. If at first you don't succeed.....

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: Bluee

Hi again. I just tried to add my sig line and when I went to save it a warning came up that SPAM was detected and post deleted ??? So guess now I will see if any of what I did to update my setting worked. Oh, I can't get to the cams with Firefox. I need to write down the message I got.

edit... nope my sig didn't come through. If at first you don't succeed.....

Bluee , apparently that can happen if you take too long to post something.

Also, if you are trying to use the url of an off-site website that the software thinks maybe a harmful site the warning SpamX also comes up.

Try again and see if it happens again. Maybe this time make your signature on your computer word program and copy/paste it into the signature and see if that works quicker.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Bluee () on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM EST  

I'll try one thing at a time for doing my sig, etc.

Cams won't work for me with Firefox. I get this: transferring data liwik.pacdat.net
Connecting www.zaplive.tv
Done

but nothing happens ??

Oh, can we add our blogs to our sig?

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM EST  
jkr

Cams won't work for me with Firefox. I get this: transferring data liwik.pacdat.net
Done

but nothing happens ??

pacdat.net is Richard's computer sending the signal to Zaplive which in turn sends it to WE and in turn sends it to here Titter

On Firefox try this 4 cam version of the nests and see if they work

staticpages/index.php/20090517141145533

About adding blogs --- You could add a link to one if you have one.
I wouldn't put in anything that takes up more than two for three lines in the signature though.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Bluee () on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM EST  

Quote by: jkr

Done

but nothing happens ??

pacdat.net is Richard's computer sending the signal to Zaplive which in turn sends it to WE and in turn sends it to here Titter

On Firefox try this 4 cam version of the nests and see if they work

staticpages/index.php/20090517141145533

About adding blogs --- You could add a link to one if you have one.
I wouldn't put in anything that takes up more than two for three lines in the signature though.

Nope, same thing. sigh sign

By: BBE (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM EST  
BBE

It will take a while to learn all the new bells and whistles here.

Question re attachments to a post. I posted an attachment on African Wildlife and the picture doesn't show.
forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2149&lastpost=true#2149

Not sure why; other than when I did the attachment I see if I click edit - it shows the link and a X beside it.

Many thanks

Jan. 18th - Thanks to Terrytvgal and PEB's 'tips' - problem solved

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:56 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate