Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: Sandy (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 11:32 AM EDT  
Sandy

Good day

I no longer can access the cameras to view the eagle nests. I am using a desktop, microsoft word and internet explorer and all I see is a white screen.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Maggie 1

aka Maggie1

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 11:40 AM EDT  
JudyB

Do you have Windows XP, Maggie? The version of IE that comes with that is too old for the new embed codes, so you would need to use Firefox. There's more information about that issue here - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=627041#627041

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 11:45 AM EDT  
gemini

by: byline

CAMERA NOTE: I'm not able to get the close-up cam to stream in the new format, just the old one. The wide-angle and PTZ cams look like they are streaming without any problem in the new format. On a second try, I was not able to get the PTZ cam to stream, only the wide-angle. I am able to get all three old cams to stream without any problem.

One thing I don't like about the new format is that it doesn't have a "Live Stream" button or equivalent to jump-start the stream (the arrow button doesn't seem to do the trick).

I seem to be having the same problem. A couple of things that seemed to work - unless it was just a coincidence!

My habit is to open the cam page and click all the cams and they come up - not anymore! So I am now opening up one cam and when it is streaming, I open the next and then the next, etc. This seemed to work when I finally gave up waiting for the WR close-up to open and started again.

Something else I tried. If one of the cams doesn't open, instead of reloading/refreshing the page, and losing the cam that is streaming, I open up another window and work on getting the wayward cam open on its own. That way, I can "jump start" by reloading/refreshing as much as I want without losing the cam(s) that is open. If I manage to get the stubborn cam open, I can then try the other one(s) and if they don't open, it doesn't matter because I already have them in another window.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: ducky121 (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 01:14 PM EDT  
ducky121

hi judy, sorry you are so busy. I know changing over can be a lot of work. I noticed when I opened in w/a of white rock, there was no sound. is this something that can be looked into, please...thanks

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 01:54 PM EDT  
JudyB

Quote by: Maggie1

Good day

I no longer can access the cameras to view the eagle nests. I am using a desktop, microsoft word and internet explorer and all I see is a white screen.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Maggie 1

I just remembered compatibility view, which also can cause a white square where the cam could be - more info is here - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=627074#627074

Hope one of these works for you - we do want everyone able to see the cams!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 01:57 PM EDT  
JudyB

Quote by: ducky121

hi judy, sorry you are so busy. I know changing over can be a lot of work. I noticed when I opened in w/a of white rock, there was no sound. is this something that can be looked into, please...thanks

Does it work with the older pages that are down towards the bottom on the White Rock cams page? I'm at work so can't open many cams and can't do much with sound, so if you can figure out if it's an issue with the sound on the cam or an issue with the new software, that would give me a starting place. Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 07:01 PM EDT  
gemini

Does it work with the older pages that are down towards the bottom on the White Rock cams page? I

Don't know if anyone got back to you or not Judy - yes, the sound does work on the older cam but not on the new one.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Little Kopit (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 07:51 PM EDT  
Little Kopit

WELL, Sad Sad Sad

Using a version of some software that means you have to turn of Ad-Bloc plus. Are you insane?????? & I mean that.

Don't you listen to CBC Radio? Don't you know how unpleasant having disruptive content blare into what you're doing or trying to do?

What possible advantage can there be to having a disruptive system/software in place, getting between the viewer and the site?

Sad

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:08 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate