Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, March 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Hi Judy & Pat,

I'm not seeing any difference in the picture with the new Live Camera links.

When testing the new links posted here, the view was/is larger. Puzzled

Also, when things settle down Judy, I hope we can have the side by side view
as with the older software.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, March 31 2014 @ 01:10 PM EDT  
JudyB

Harrison Mills now has the new cam software streaming - index.php?topic=HarrMills, and I'm hoping to update Lafarge and maybe one of the other nests tonight, depending how late I have to work.

The actual image is the same size it used to be - but it may look smaller because it doesn't have the frame around the cam window or the information at the top and gray bar at the bottom. If you scroll down on the Harrison Mills page you can see the old-style cam pages for comparison.

My intent is to replace all instances of the cams with the new ones - though I may need everyone's help to find all the pages. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, March 31 2014 @ 01:22 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Hi Judy,

Using the link you posted above for HM I see the new view. If I'm understanding you, that's the only one that you have changed. I know you're busy so if that's the case, don't reply to this...no reply will give me my answer.

ADDED: Wow.....beautiful picture at HM!!
I see it's partially covering all the info on the right.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, March 31 2014 @ 02:36 PM EDT  
Pat B

Quote by: AnniesKatz

Hi Judy,

Using the link you posted above for HM I see the new view. If I'm understanding you, that's the only one that you have changed. I know you're busy so if that's the case, don't reply to this...no reply will give me my answer.

Hi, Annie
I got ahead of myself Grin
I knew Judy would be out for the day - and posted the message in all the cams.
So a combination of Judy being out - and me being 8hrs ahead of the nest - meant I was a tad premature .Oh the shame
When I find out what normal service is - it will be resumed Phew Don't Panic

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, March 31 2014 @ 03:39 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, Pat! I'm interested in this strange new word ... normal ... that you used. What language is that from? Or what planet?
giggle

Annie, knowing that our high res cams might be wider than the middle panel on our website, Richard provided some code we could use to make sure the cams stay on top of the announcements in the right column so those with smaller monitors (or lots of windows open) would be able to see the full width of the cam, rather than have part of it covered by the link to donate or the link for account settings. The soon-to-be-old cam format did the same thing, but had a tiny black border around the image so it was less obvious.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, March 31 2014 @ 09:45 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Quote by: Pat B

Quote by: AnniesKatz

Hi Judy,

Hi, Annie
I got ahead of myself Grin
I knew Judy would be out for the day - and posted the message in all the cams.
So a combination of Judy being out - and me being 8hrs ahead of the nest - meant I was a tad premature .Oh the shame
When I find out what normal service is - it will be resumed Phew Don't Panic

ByebyePat. - I'm sorry I'm just getting back here. Better to be ahead of yourself than behindGreen LOL.

JudyB

Annie, knowing that our high res cams might be wider than the middle panel on our website, Richard provided some code we could use to make sure the cams stay on top of the announcements in the right column so those with smaller monitors (or lots of windows open) would be able to see the full width of the cam, rather than have part of it covered by the link to donate or the link for account settings. The soon-to-be-old cam format did the same thing, but had a tiny black border around the image so it was less obvious.

Thanks Judy!

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, March 31 2014 @ 09:57 PM EDT  
JudyB

Finishing up one other project, and then I'll start the update process for White Rock and maybe Lafarge - unless Mom Honeycomb at Harrison Mills looks as if she's going to lay the egg she's been teasing us with all afternoon - in which case all bets are off. The process includes preparing duplicate pages so we can access the old format cam pages during the transition if something won't work, and making sure a few key people know what we're doing so they can explain it to others.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 11:04 AM EDT  
JudyB

Bringing this here to make sure we stay on top of it - this is pertaining to White Rock, from the morning after I updated the cam links.

Quote by: byline

CAMERA NOTE: I'm not able to get the close-up cam to stream in the new format, just the old one. The wide-angle and PTZ cams look like they are streaming without any problem in the new format. On a second try, I was not able to get the PTZ cam to stream, only the wide-angle. I am able to get all three old cams to stream without any problem.

One thing I don't like about the new format is that it doesn't have a "Live Stream" button or equivalent to jump-start the stream (the arrow button doesn't seem to do the trick).

Thanks, Sue!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:09 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate