Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, March 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thank you Judy B for the new cam list.......I am wondering if the Ads. can be reduced from 30 sec. to 10 sec. like on some other cams that i watch..............

Thank you....

ADDED

We could lose a lot of nest acton in 30sec........

...Helpful Hints ..Be respectful ..Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, March 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM EDT  
JudyB

I'm afraid not, Bev - I'm guessing 30-second ads pay 3 times as much as 10-second ads - or at least enough more that they couldn't afford to go with shorter ones. At least they only play once, when you start the cam - I've also watched some sites where they seem to play a full screen ad every half hour or something like that.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, March 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: JudyB

I'm afraid not, Bev - I'm guessing 30-second ads pay 3 times as much as 10-second ads - or at least enough more that they couldn't afford to go with shorter ones. At least they only play once, when you start the cam - I've also watched some sites where they seem to play a full screen ad every half hour or something like that.

Thank you Judy B.... and i didn't know they only played the once....... that makes a world of difference and is definitely more acceptable.................Thank You

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: gemini (offline) on Thursday, March 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM EDT  
gemini

I think I am losing it! Has the option to turn off the sound of the introductory commercial always been there and I didn't notice it or is it something new?

I am getting all cams in both IE and FF and the volume sliders which weren't working this morning in either IE or FF are working just fine now in both!

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, March 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM EDT  
JudyB

You may be losing it, gemini Rolling on floor laughing - but this is not evidence of it! Smile

The ability to mute the ads is one of the nifty new features of the new cam format, along with something that shows how many more seconds before you'll see the eagles!

Glad to hear the cams are working in both IE and Firefox! Which version of Windows do you have? I still don't see the time when I put my cursor over the cam with IE and Windows 7 - but it works for Peter at WE, so it might be some sort of setting on my computer.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, March 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thank you Peter for adding the name of the nest cam, time and date on the N PTZ zoomer cam
Click on image to download

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: gemini (offline) on Thursday, March 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM EDT  
gemini

I am running Vista Home Premium, FF ver. 27 and IE 9. I would like to see the time at the top of the page a bit bigger though so it would show up when you make a scap.

This is what I get when I hover the cursor over the cam window.
Click on image to download

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, March 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM EDT  
JudyB

Quote by: IrishEyes

Thank you Peter for adding the name of the nest cam, time and date on the N PTZ zoomer cam

Now that Peter has told me how to add that, I'll probably be tip-toeing into the other cams tonight or early tomorrow morning to add that to the other streams that don't have it.

Gemini, I don't know what we have for size/font options - will try to find something that will be readable in screenshots without blocking too much of the action..

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:25 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate