Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, March 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM EDT  
JudyB

Final test for tonight - I just tried my iPad mini, using Safari (no clue what version of anything, but close to the most recent),

The cam came up right away. I don't see a way to adjust the volume, but that may not be needed on an iPad because I'm not going to be watching several cams at once, so can use the master volume.

And while I'm still learning to use my little iPad, I like the way the cam window can be made larger or smaller with whatever you call those things you do with the fingers.

So for me, iPad is definitely a success!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Sunday, March 16 2014 @ 10:21 PM EDT  
gemini

Judy, I just went into IE 9 to see if the volume control would work (I didn't check that before). The cam wouldn't load and I got the same message that Kay got, and IE was working for me just fine a while ago. Could it be originating from WE??

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Sunday, March 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM EDT  
sassyk

JudyB, I'm on my iPad with Safari and I was able to get all cams Left thumb up

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, March 17 2014 @ 12:47 AM EDT  
karenbills

Quote by: JudyB

I'm noticing that the date and time at the top is quite small. I can read it (after clicking to full size) - but am wondering if that's going to be a problem for our records. Karen?

Yes, Judy, the date and time are very important. I know that David doesn't like it when I send him someone's screenshot that does not show the date and time. So I hope that everyone will make full screen size screenshots.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, March 17 2014 @ 08:17 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Hello all.... JudyB....... I was able to get all 5 cam links on Safari,...... unable to adjust the sound..and of course i am seeing./ hearing all the ads .. which i know are necessary............... so far i have no luck with FF.. but will leave that for another day........... thank you Judy for all your help on this .. you are a kind, patient lady and your are appreciated........hug

...Helpful Hints ..Be respectful ..Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, March 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM EDT  
JudyB

Quote by: karenbills

Quote by: JudyB

I'm noticing that the date and time at the top is quite small. I can read it (after clicking to full size) - but am wondering if that's going to be a problem for our records. Karen?

Yes, Judy, the date and time are very important. I know that David doesn't like it when I send him someone's screenshot that does not show the date and time. So I hope that everyone will make full screen size screenshots.

I think the Axis cams have the date on them, but the Vivotek cams do not - not sure if we can add that - probably a question for David or Ken or Peter, though I may try to look at the manual on the weekend. There should be a way to make sure it is included.

Glad you were able to get the cams on Safari, Bev!

I'm going to be working late the next couple of days, but will try to get an email to Peter with some of the major things we've found so far - and not being able to adjust the sound with Safari or Chrome is a biggie!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Tuesday, March 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Sorry I'm just getting here. I'm running Windows7 on a PC.

White Rock - WA - Can't get in FF or IE (latest version). Don't have Chrome but think I will download and see if I get anything.

White Rock - CU - Same as above. I do get the opening ads on all.

Lafarge Side View - Get in FF - Get the time/date stamp & viewer info only when cursor is over the window but not when I have the view full screen. Can adjust the sound volume by keeping cursor on the slider.

Delta West/Overhead - Same as LF.

Harrison Mills South -
".

I hope this is what you want Judy.Smile

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, March 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, Annie! That's just what I want - and i'm wondering if you weren't getting White Rock because the cams were freezing quite a bit recently. Would you try again once you're sure the cam is streaming on our current embedded cam page, just in case you hit one of the times they were down when you were testing before?

Did you try Lafarge, Delta or Harrison Mills with Internet Explorer? If not, would you try one of them when you have a chance? Thanks so much!

I've updated the links so now the links for the White Rock cams are correct, and I've made a few other minor changes - here's the new list, and I'll also update the first post:

Note - the White Rock links are now correct

White Rock - WA - staticpages/index.php/zNewCamTest_WR_WA

White Rock - CU - staticpages/index.php/zNewCamTest_WR_CU

Lafarge Side View - staticpages/index.php/zNewCamTest_Laf_Side

Delta West/Overhead - staticpages/index.php/zNewCamTest_Delta_W

Harrison Mills South - staticpages/index.php/zNewCamTest_HM_S

Harrison Mills North - staticpages/index.php/zNewCamTest_HM_N

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate