Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, May 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM EDT  
JudyB

I'll need to confirm with Peter at WildEarth, but I believe they are attempting to archive everything for some period of time, but after a while they will delete older segments that have not been marked by viewers. I do not know if it's been decided when segments become "older" or if they're still discussing that. The reason they can't keep everything forever is indeed because of the space required.

I have noticed that sometimes an archive file isn't of the period it should be, and there can be gaps (and maybe duplicates). I've mentioned that, but haven't followed up because I've been too busy with the issues related to ads. I expect that there are also periods when the cams were down, and there are no archives, but hopefully that won't happen too often.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Annemie (offline) on Sunday, May 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM EDT  
Annemie

Quote by: JudyB

I'll need to confirm with Peter at WildEarth, but I believe they are attempting to archive everything for some period of time, but after a while they will delete older segments that have not been marked by viewers. I do not know if it's been decided when segments become "older" or if they're still discussing that. The reason they can't keep everything forever is indeed because of the space required.

I have noticed that sometimes an archive file isn't of the period it should be, and there can be gaps (and maybe duplicates). I've mentioned that, but haven't followed up because I've been too busy with the issues related to ads. I expect that there are also periods when the cams were down, and there are no archives, but hopefully that won't happen too often.

wave Hi Judy

That is so nice of you ,that you are taking care of the issues related to the ads.
What a bummer though that it is taking so much of your time. sigh sign

Thank You

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cococat9 (offline) on Monday, May 19 2014 @ 08:11 PM EDT  
cococat9

wave

Was curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

Back in the day before the new cam software I could have multiple cams up in windows or tabs. Now in the past 2 weeks I can only have one cam open and for only 10 minutes before my laptop starts working hard. The fan and hard drive seem to go into over drive.
Not willing to take a chance in overheating my laptop I close out the cam and within seconds all is normal. I have experimented with other cams outside of HWF /WE and have no issues. Thought in time it would calm down but it is not.
Just wanted to make a note of this. sigh sign

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, May 20 2014 @ 12:13 AM EDT  
karenbills

No, Carole, I've never had that happen. I usually have eight or nine cams going on my PC.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: beans (offline) on Wednesday, November 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM EST  
beans

Assume cams are down. Can see ads but not live streaming video.

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, November 19 2014 @ 08:50 PM EST  
JudyB

Hi beans!

Others have reported issues today, so I think it's either an issue with our cams, or perhaps with the WildEarth servers, as it seems to be affecting cams in different areas for different viewers,

I've seen on the "Report Cams Down" thread (forum/viewtopic.php?topic=714993#714993) that the cams are working again for some people - so hopefully you'll also be able to connect again soon.

I know there is an issue with the Chehalis tower cams, which hopefully will be resolved soon - but they are more challenging than most as they are in the middle of a river. As far as I know, the rest should be back up and running soon.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: beans (offline) on Thursday, November 20 2014 @ 02:19 AM EST  
beans

Thank you, Judy

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, November 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM EST  
jkr

Hi Beans and JudyB,
Ken finally had a chance to call me last night about 9:30 p.m. nest time after being out all day. It was WildEarth having server problems.
Hopefully today is a better day since Peter is out and about on the Safari drives.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:26 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate