Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Apple User Support
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 09:49 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thank you Judy I followed all the instructions and i am not getting it to appear on my computer FrustrationFrustration

Also it bypasses firebox extension and goes directly to summary.
Click on image to download

As you can see it is installed but does not show up on my computer ! Still can't open it FrustrationFrustration

It is getting late here so i think i will try and go through all the steps again tomorrow when i get home from baby sitting .

Appreciate all your efforts. Smile

...Helpful Hints ..Be respectful ..Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 09:54 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Judy ~ Clapping You are not going to believe this ! I DID IT !! I GOT IT !!! Very HappyVery HappyPhew

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 09:59 PM EDT  
jkr

I tried it out and it works but will take a bit of getting used to.

I used the selection of All-in-one-capture mode then held down on the red button for a second and the cross hairs appeared. Then I took a snap of the osprey nest.

In the working window I added a bit of text to the picture.

Then came time to save it. Go to FILE then choose SAVE.

You will get this window appear with choices on it.

You can change the name of it if you want or leave the date and time on it that seems to be automatic.
I chose to save to my desktop. That way I can do whatever I want with the picture at a later date if I decide to.
Usually if I do screen captures I post them to the forum then trash them right afterwards.

Also in the Format are I chose JPEG to keep my capture small enough for posting.

This was my end result after it was saved. Nothing fancy for my first try.

Judy

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 10:09 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Hi Judy~

Well that looks awesome to me ! I will play with it tomorrow when i get home . ~ My eyes are crossing right now , have to get up at 6am ~~ I still have few things to do here before i hit the hay ! Titter

I will keep in touch ! Thank you so much !

HUGS Bev .

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 10:21 PM EDT  
jkr

BEV I'm so glad it worked for you -- YAHOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Now we'll both find out through trial and error if this was worth downloading.

Judy

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 10:32 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Judy You are so patient and kind Thank you Can't wait to try it out ! I will probably have more questions !! Titter

Have a good night ~

Hugs Bev .

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, August 09 2010 @ 08:50 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

:hello:Judy ! I was attempting to use Snagit this evening Titter Not very successful !!NO I wanted to write on a picture for practice but didn't know how to go about getting the lettering !! Well then i got frustrated Frustrationand i trashed all my pictures in the folder my mistake !! Titter I was able to get them back ! Phew This is the first time i tried this type of program and i am finding it difficult.

Could you please give me some help when you have time . No rush as i will be gone most of tomorrow.

Thank you ~ Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, August 09 2010 @ 09:14 PM EDT  
jkr

To get your screen capture open Snagit and from those little square boxes next to the red button choose
All-in-One-Capture.
Then click on the Red Button once. This will bring up the cross hairs so you can take your picture.

Once the picture shows up in the work window all you have to do is go to the right panel and chose what you want to do.
In order to add text go to the Tools. Click on the A in the top choice. On the second section of choices drag whichever format of text you want to use. (I picked the first square one with ABC on it) Click down on it and drag it to your picture. You'll see a few little dots appear in a square formation over the picture. All you have to do is double click in the middle of that square and start typing your text.
On the right tool bar you'll also see PROPERTIES. If you want to change the font you can click on the T and your choices will appear. You can also change the color and size when the font window is open.

As long as the little squares are open around you text you can drag the dots to make room for more text and you can also drag your text to where you want it.

Once you are done you can drag your completed picture out of the finished products that are on the bottom of your work page and put it onto your desktop. Or use File Save. I like the drag option better.

I hope that made sense. If not let me know. We'll keep at this until we get it ! It took me awhile before I figured it out myself so don't feel too bad if you're getting frustrated.

The best thing to do is to play with each of them to see what they do.

Judy

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:39 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate