Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Apple User Support
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, August 30 2016 @ 06:06 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: jkr

Bev, I haven't had anything like that pop up on my Safari browser. Is it coming up like that very often ?

HI Judy... I haven't seen it since i posted here on Sat. August 27th .....

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Marg (offline) on Sunday, November 13 2016 @ 03:53 PM EST  
Marg

When I turned on my MacBook Air computer this morning NONE of my desktop folders were showing they have disappeared anyone else experienced this? Don't Panic I recently downloaded MAC OS SIERRA can I get back to my previous setting?

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, November 13 2016 @ 04:20 PM EST  
jkr

Hi Marg,
I haven't run into that problem -- yet--- on Sierra but twice I did have EVERYTHING disappear off my desktop with a notice in the centre of my screen that said "No windows are available". I still don't know what that meant but as soon as I hit the ESC key everything returned to normal.

Just a thought -- Do you have Siri active ? Maybe if you ask her where your files are she can find them for you.

Also try to type in the name of your file in SPOTLIGHT and it may show the new location of your files.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Marg (offline) on Sunday, November 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM EST  
Marg

Thanks Judy, I did a search and typed show all my files/folders from November 10, 2016 and voila they appeared but now I need to save them to a "stick". I will need to delete a lot of items that I don't need any more. Grin I thought they had gone Poof I do have Siri but when I asked her earlier all that came up was one item that I'd just put on the desktop.

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, April 16 2017 @ 07:48 AM EDT  
jkr

For those using an iPad to watch cams and post pictures to the forum.
I had found on the last iOS update for the iPad that the jpeg images are now stored as PNG files in Photos, which is probably because Apple has been upgrading their internal cameras. You may have encountered the fact that our forum won't accept PNG files. There is an App at the App Store called JPEG - PNG so that you can convert the images to jpeg files before adding them to your posts.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, December 04 2017 @ 07:23 AM EST  
IrishEyes

MONDAY, DECEMBER 4..2017

Good Morning..... I have been using Firefox at times for the zoomer cans on H Mills and when I go to post on the H Mills nest thread using Safari this pops up
Click on image to download

I only way I can proceed to post is when I clicked on "Cancel" .Did I do the right thing?
Thoughts or suggestions anyone'...

Thanks
Bev

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, December 04 2017 @ 08:08 PM EST  
JudyB

I'm not good with Macs, but my guess is that Cancel is the right answer. "Keep your data from Firefox" would (I think) replace your Safari bookmarks with those from Firefox - and I think "Don't Keep" would remove them - which is OK if you're sure you don't want them. Cancel (I think) lets you decide later - so the question is - do you want to replace your bookmarks in Safari from those in Firefox, or both of them working fine as is. If they both have been working fine before some update got pushy - I'd go for Don't Keep - but if Firefox has more useful links, you could go with Keep.

Hope this helps - and as I said before - I don't use Macs very much. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, December 05 2017 @ 06:34 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: JudyB

I'm not good with Macs, but my guess is that Cancel is the right answer. "Keep your data from Firefox" would (I think) replace your Safari bookmarks with those from Firefox - and I think "Don't Keep" would remove them - which is OK if you're sure you don't want them. Cancel (I think) lets you decide later - so the question is - do you want to replace your bookmarks in Safari from those in Firefox, or both of them working fine as is. If they both have been working fine before some update got pushy - I'd go for Don't Keep - but if Firefox has more useful links, you could go with Keep.

Hope this helps - and as I said before - I don't use Macs very much. Smile

Thanks so much Judy ......I will see what today brings .......Safari is my main browser and has all of my bookmarks .....I only use Firefox when the picture on the direct access zoomer cams doesn't show up on Safari..(I reported this before ) and when I did Videomarks from WildEarth.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:43 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate