Skyclan

Thank you Skipper I will check that out too. Cute Pandas ! Grin

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Friday, December 09 2011 @ 09:55 PM EST  
gemini

Help!!! Frustration

I am having a problem with Flashplayer which is getting quite frustrating.

The cams have started crashing for no reason or by no particular action, if any - the window becomes a white square with a grey exclamation mark inside a circle in the centre of the square. This happens whether there is just one or five cams open.

Click on image to download

When I refresh or restart the cam, it becomes a black screen with a small blue rectangle at the side telling me to "Get Adobe Flash player"!

If I update Flash, (I delete the old version first) a message comes back saying the update is successful, but the cams still won't work.... I get the same black screen, blue rectangle,and message!

However, I have discovered if I turn the computer off and on, with or without getting Flash player, the cams come back on, or I can just leave everything alone for several hours without doing anything and the problem will correct itself!. This can happen a half dozen times a day and is becoming most annoying! Bash computer

ETA

A by-product of this problem is I can't see or use anything on other sites that requires Flash player, i.e. YouTube, various ads on this and other sites, games on Shockwave, etc., until the problem has been corrrected as per above.

The only time I get this problem is when one of the cams crashes. I can use my computer all day, anywhere else on any site, using any manner of things that require flash and as long as I don't open a cam, Flashplayer works just fine. Only the cams seem to crash the program.

Operating system: Vista Home Premium
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.8 GHZ
Ram: 2GB

If anyone can shed any light on this problem, it would be much appreciated!

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, December 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Only the cams seem to crash the program.

Seeing this in print the first thing to come to mind is, does it happen no matter where you view the cams from? Have you tried accessing them from WE to see if they will stay working? Maybe it has something to do with how the cams are embedded here at HWF?

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, December 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM EST  
jkr

gemini, I had that same black screen a week or so ago with the message to "get Adobe Flashplayer". Twice I had to "uninstalled" my flashplayer and do a fresh reinstall. The second time around it finally worked and I haven't had a problem since.

ETA: I've sent an email to Peter at WE to ask if there is something in the settings at WE that may be causing this. When I spoke to Richard yesterday he said he had also had the black screen come up a couple of times and wonders if it's not in the WE settings somewhere. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Saturday, December 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM EST  
gemini

Thanks, Terry and Judy, I'll give WE a shot. Let you know what happens.

This has been going on intermitently since the summer. Sometimes there are days go by that I don't have a problem then all of a sudden it starts up again. Other times it can happen several times a day for several days in a row, then it stops for awhile. I am also wondering if it has something to do with Windows updates on my computer.

ETA: Opened the cam at the WE site, observed for awhile and left my computer for a couple of hours, came back and the cam had crashed while I was away. Tried to open again and got the same black window and Flash message.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, December 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Do you remember back in the day when the stream would stop once every 1/2 hour or so if it wasn't manually restarted? Obviously we don't need to do that anymore, but I wonder if some 'remnant'? of that code is floating around somewhere and causing grief to some people. I don't know how or why it would do so but who knows ...

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, December 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Help emo Windows is planning a 'silent' upgrade of IE whether you want it or not... I sure don't want it. I am afraid my PC won't be up to handling it Help emo Rant:

http://windowsteamblog.com/ie/b/ie/arch ... ows-7.aspx

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Tuesday, January 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM EST  
Skyclan

10:30 am Good morning all, I am having trouble trying to post my s'caps this morning. When I click 'browse' it sends me to 'MY Desktop" instead of "My Pictures" even though I have saved the scap into My Pictures. My computer just says 'file not found'.... any thoughts on this please?

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate