Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 PC Windows Users Support
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 10:39 PM EDT  
JudyB

Sometimes when you get the list of options to pick under your name, if you can highlight one by moving your mouse over it and then click delete, it will go away. That won't work everywhere or with all browsers, but it's something to try.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2011 @ 12:53 AM EDT  
Skyclan

Quote by: JudyB

Sometimes when you get the list of options to pick under your name, if you can highlight one by moving your mouse over it and then click delete, it will go away. That won't work everywhere or with all browsers, but it's something to try.

Thank you Judy, Richard and everyone else who helped. The problems are solved for me now...all systems green and go ! Smile

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Friday, August 05 2011 @ 02:22 PM EDT  
Skyclan

11:17 am Hello again, I have a question about posting a picture or logo above our status on the right side of the web page. I can only seem to reduce the photo to about 78 thousand bytes and I am told it should be somewhere in the 66 thousand range ? Is there a way to do this ? ( I have Windows XP) Thanks Smile

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, August 05 2011 @ 10:35 PM EDT  
jkr

Hi Skyclan, I assume you're talking about adding your avatar.

I'm not sure of the size range but what I find easiest is to take a screen capture of what I plan to use and add it. Usually in the range of 120 X 120 pixels and then the software automatically shrinks it to fit properly.

To add an avatar

Go to Account Settings
Go to About You

Browse for your photo, add it, and don't forget to Save Information

If anything is too large the software will likely tell you that it won't fit. It never hurts to try.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Friday, August 05 2011 @ 11:36 PM EDT  
Skyclan

Thank you jkr .... I will give it a try, and also another option Gemini suggested . What a learning curve I am on lately ! Thank You

It worked !! Thank you !! :cheerguy:

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, August 05 2011 @ 11:42 PM EDT  
jkr

Well, I see from your avatar that whichever option you used worked ! Good work ! Clapping

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Saturday, August 06 2011 @ 01:29 AM EDT  
Skyclan

Quote by: jkr

Well, I see from your avatar that whichever option you used worked ! Good work ! Clapping

Oh, I used yours thanks jkr Smile .....the other option involves downloading a program. It will take a bit more time and effort to explore, but I will eventually check it out when the children and grandchildren and other assorted family depart at the end of August. Phew

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Saturday, August 06 2011 @ 11:45 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Skipper

Thought I would jump in here with a suggestion Wub

This is a link to the program that I use all the time -- it's downloadable and it's free! It's called Photoscape:

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

There are some excellent tutorials (click on the "help" tab at the top).

When you save a photo in Photoscape, you have the option of changing the dimensions (i.e. how wide and high the photo will be) as well as the "resolution" (i.e. dots per inch or DPI). The smaller you make the dimensions and the lower the resolution, the "smaller" the end result will be (i.e. the total number of bytes). I just play around with the dimensions/resolution until I get something that uploads OK (and still looks vaguely like the original photo Titter)

I hope that this is useful Sitting eagle

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:26 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate