Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 PC Windows Users Support
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: D_in_Tex () on Saturday, July 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM EDT  
Anonymous: D_in_Tex

Quote by: jkr

Instead of using the "Search This Forum" have you tried using the Google Search at the top ? I find it works better for me when I know what the content of the post is that I'm searching for.

Success jkr Very Happy

When I put my user name in the field you suggested I come up with my specific posts in that particular forum.

And if I enter a keyword after the user name it shows only that specific post...

Voila success.

D Phew Thank You

By: Skyclan (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 02:12 PM EDT  
Skyclan

Hi Techies, When I go to type in my user name on signing in, it shows the user name underneath two or three times and even an old password (not very secure!) Is the fault with my computer or can you delete the unnecessary stuff? Also, how do I permanently delete old private messages from my Message Center page ? Thanks for your help. Smile

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 04:18 PM EDT  
jkr

Hi Skyclan

I'm not a PC user but your password and ID are being remembered by your computer's autofill which is giving you the suggested ID and Password. I think you have to empty your cookies and cache to clear that information.

To delete private messages.
#1 Pick which mail box you want to clear
#2 Click on Mark All but remove the check mark from the messages you want to keep.
#3 Lastly choose Delete Marked and click on Go.

Click on image to download

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 04:29 PM EDT  
Skyclan

Quote by: jkr

Hi Skyclan

I'm not a PC user but your password and ID are being remembered by your computer's autofill which is giving you the suggested ID and Password. I think you have to empty your cookies and cache to clear that information.

To delete private messages.
#1 Pick which mail box you want to clear
#2 Click on Mark All but remove the check mark from the messages you want to keep.
#3 Lastly choose Delete Marked and click on Go.

Thanks jkr Smile Didn't see the 'delete' on the message page, but I will take another look. I clear cookies & cache frequently, but I guess the problem is in my own computer so I will investigate that too!

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 04:47 PM EDT  
Skyclan

Hi again, Regarding deleting private messages...I definitely do not have the 'delete marked' or any delete command on my message page ?? Hopefully someone can correct this from the admin end ? Thanks.

EEK..belay the above question please. I just found the hidden 'delete' command !! Sorry everyone.very embarrassed

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 05:56 PM EDT  
Pat B

Quote by: Skyclan

Hi again, Regarding deleting private messages...I definitely do not have the 'delete marked' or any delete command on my message page ?? Hopefully someone can correct this from the admin end ? Thanks.

EEK..belay the above question please. I just found the hidden 'delete' command !! Sorry everyone.very embarrassed

You did well to find that Skyclan - it isn't obvious or intuitive - just seems to be the way this software is organised!
Have you noticed the handy "Mark All" button - that will just mark what is on that page - so you can delete a page at a time.
If you come across something you may want to hold on to - just mark that - and select "Move marked to saved messages"
Have fun Smile

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Skyclan (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 06:05 PM EDT  
Skyclan

Quote by: Pat B

You did well to find that Skyclan - it isn't obvious or intuitive - just seems to be the way this software is organised!
Have you noticed the handy "Mark All" button - that will just mark what is on that page - so you can delete a page at a time.
If you come across something you may want to hold on to - just mark that - and select "Move marked to saved messages"
Have fun Smile

Will do.... thanks so much !

Forum

South Surrey, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: richardpitt (offline) on Monday, August 01 2011 @ 08:53 PM EDT  
richardpitt

Hi Techies, When I go to type in my user name on signing in, it shows the user name underneath two or three times and even an old password (not very secure!) Is the fault with my computer or can you delete the unnecessary stuff? Also, how do I permanently delete old private messages from my Message Center page ? Thanks for your help. Smile

What you are seeing is an artifact of your local browser and its ability to "cache" things you use frequently to assist you. We have no control over that behavior.

richard

Executive Director:
Taking HWF to the next level

Forum Admin
Admin

Pitt Meadows BC -
40k from Vancouver

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:06 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate