Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 PC Windows Users Support
 |  Printable Version
By: BBE (offline) on Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM EDT  
BBE

solarakate and PEB,

Great to see that solarakate asked and PEB has already answered the question I have. About long posts and the 'jumpy' white box. Smile

I have the same problem. I was told about hitting the return key 3 or 4 times before starting a long post - but it really hasn't helped here. That would be great if the software company can find a fix. If one goes to edit a post after reviewing it, before submitting it = major problem. Thank You

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, June 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM EDT  
Velma Flann

For anyone who uses IE as a browser - a warning has been issued by Microsoft regarding using the F1 key while on some websites. Information can be found HERE

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, June 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

thank you Velma! I have also posted this to my fb page to spread the word.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, June 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Yesterday I had a heck of a time with the website. It would not present itself correctly, instead as a long page and nothing looking like it should. If I tried to post, if I could get into the site at all, it took forever and then would not go back to the page to see it. I gave up and this morning it was better.

Even when it posted the page looked strange. This morning I could not get near the site. It said "site unavailable". Others reported the same thing. We all gave up and some time later it was back. Others experienced no problems.

carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, June 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi Carolyn wave

I think there have been a couple of things going on. First, the website was down from sometime in the night until around 7 am nest time. We contacted Richard at 6 am pacific time (the earliest we can call except in dire emergencies), and he got to work on it immediately. The issue had to do with security certificates for some parts of the site that needed updating. He may still need to add a few more updates, so there may be some brief outages - but everything was back almost as good as new around 7 am pacific time.

Next, whenever you get the long list of items, it means that some part of the internet is moving slowly. What should happen (and normally does happen) is that the various parts of our site load internally in a given order - and if the black menu bar at the top isn't ready when the lists of topics appear, they all show up at the top of the page. Usually doing a reload/refresh will fix it - but if there is some persistent problem, it might not. I've had it happen now and then, and it's usually been OK by the second or third time I refreshed the page.

I don't know if the issue that eventually made the website go down was slowing things down before that, leading to the other problems you had.

Hopefully, everything is working much better now. If not, please let us know and we can try clearing your cache, which sometimes helps.

And thanks for letting us know! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Thursday, February 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM EST  
cindymorris

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask these questions or not, but am curious as to whether or not there is a way to fix the problems I'm experiencing......

Why do I have to LOG IN now every time I come to the forum? I have my setting set to 'remember me for 30 days', but now it no longer does...??? Has something changed that I missed? I used to be in the forum everyday, but now it is much more sporadic...about once a week or so. I'm unaware of changes, but could have missed something I'm sure.....

When I do log in, I have to go all the way through a long process of getting back to the forum and the thread I was in. It takes me to the HWF page instead of back to the thread as before .... it's just time consuming and frustrating at times ......

Also, when I do type a post, sometimes it will only let me type so much, and then the screen starts 'jumping' around when I type. I can still type, but can't see what I am typing, and if it needs spelling corrections or such, it is a real pain to do so.

Just curious on these problems....if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

By: birdofprey (offline) on Thursday, February 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM EST  
birdofprey

Hi Cindy, is Telus your internet service provider? I know some members who are on Telus have been having issues, although I think they've been more with slowness of pages loading. Puzzled

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, February 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM EST  
nightowl

Hi Cindy!

I can't help with the log-in issues, but I can help with the jumping page issue. If you have Windows XP or Windows 7 (not sure about older versions) at the very top, right side, there is what looks like a torn piece of paper. That is the Compatibility View button. Click on that, and the page doesn't jump any longer.

Here's what it looks like on Windows 7 (very similar on Windows XP) I held my mouse over it, so it's highlighted in blue and what it does is on the screen.

Click on image to download

I had to use it when I had XP, but haven't had to resort to using it with 7....and only used it on HWF.

Hope it helps! I know how frustrating the jumping can be!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:24 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate